Quote Originally Posted by Regulas View Post
I too dislike regular boring thick drinking celtic dwarves, but I have always loved things like War Hammer Chaos Dwarves (old style), or WoW Dark Iron's, which would be Duegar in D&D. When you get rid of some of the more classically bad stereotypes dwarves become a tad less horrible.
Celtic dwarves never really did it for me, either. Long before John Rhys-Davies gave Gimli his accent, I've always preferred my dwarves to be Norse/Germanic in culture and language.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulas View Post
I'll certainly admit that it doesn't compare, I was thinking though that for a main wizard medium or heavy armour should still add a good chunk of survive-ability (over a non armoured wizard) while more importantly not needing to loose out on any spells this way (so a compromise, plus it's just awesome to be able to be in D&D as a full wizard wearing Plate in the long run).
There's also the fact that Armor of Shadows + Arcane Ward doesn't come on line until you reach 4th level. Being able to wear armor helps you stay alive when you're at your squishiest.