Quote Originally Posted by Regulas View Post
From my point of view in general, the rules aren't really that ambiguous, except that because it's fantasy some people stop caring about logic on the basis that it's fantasy so logic and common sense are entirely irrelevant. And to me this completely contradicts the point of there being rules to begin with.
The idea that crossbow "gun kata" works, before even getting to the rules, is based on ignoring various points of common sense (such as the notion that loading requires physical action), why? because it's fantasy that's why.
You're switching tracks, here. We're not talking about whether or not you can imagine it working. You said the rule was glaringly obvious, but now you're bringing in all kinds of other baggage.

Because, again, it works just fine in my imagination. This is a game where a Fighter can shoot a much larger crossbow 8 times in 6 seconds and survive 200' drops as a matter of routine, after all. So to me, you're the one who's ignoring logic - that is, the logic that this is fantasy, and heroes are expected to do unbelievable things.