1. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXII: I C'Tan Has Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post

What interests me though, is Death Co. and Sanguinary Guard now vie for the same slots, at fairly competitive points costs, too.
    Death Co; Power [Axe/Sword], Jump Pack - 38 ppm
    Sanguinary Guard; Encarmine [Axe/Sword] - 33 ppm
    Yeah, I guess Death Company can be made cheaper by only giving Power Weapons and Fists to a few models, using the others as ablative wounds. Is Lemartes worth it - he seems expensive? Astorath's axe seems an utter liability, so he's right out.

Sanguinary Guard, in numbers, with the possible addition of a Priest, is pretty cool too. I'm thinking Angel's Wing will be used in every army planning Jump Pack Deep Strikes.

Personally, I think Command Squads' access to Storm Shields is still pretty useful. They can make for reasonably cheap human shield for the likes of Dante, who does seem like something of a beatstick now.

Command Squad, 3 Storm Shields, Jump Packs: 155
    Add in Dante, or maybe Mephiston, and you've quite the scary, hard-to-kill, melee squad.

Is Gabriel Seth now the cheapest Lord of War in the game? This could prove useful for spamming Priests (although I love the idea of teaming Librarians up with Seth or Dante in order to cast the Quickening on them). Seth with the right buffs could prove very effective, possibly in a Death Company.
    Last edited by bluntpencil; 2014-12-17 at 03:47 AM.