View Single Post

Thread: /PF GitP Regulars as Vestiges!

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: /PF GitP Regulars as Vestiges!

Alright, here's my attempt at a vestige. It's pathfinder style, so deal with it.

Red Fel, the Friendly Fiend

The fiend known as Red Fel was once a powerful and dangerous general of hell, known for his great skill in crafting and cooking alike. His unusual attitude and general pleasantness led other fiends to see him as weak, though and so they ganged up and betrayed him. Red Fel now offers his knowledge and skill to binders, though his knowledge invariably leaves the binder craving still more knowledge and power and with an instinct to seek darker purposes.

Summoning Rules
    Spirit Level: 3rd
    Constellation: Fiend
    Binding DC: 20
    Totems: You gain a totem bonus on the spirit's binding check if you meet some or all of these conditions:
    • You have recently cooked and eaten a gourmet meal
    • The seal is drawn in the blood of a minor fiend
    • You are a skilled craftsman, with 5 ranks in at least one Craft or Profession skill, and you possess the Master Craftsman feat.

Ceremony: You gently drip a vial of orphan tears into an open flame in the center of the seal.
    Manifestation: The steam from the tears turns bright red, with plumes of blue and purple mixed in. The steam coalesces into a humanoid form before cheerfully greeting you and urging you to complete the pact.

Granted Abilities
    Major Granted Abilities:
    Mindburn- you release a dart of blue fire that strikes a target within close range (25 ft. +5 ft/2 levels) on a successful ranged touch attack. This flame deals 3d6 points of fire damage and 1 point of Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma (your choice) damage. At 10th level and every 4 levels thereafter, your attack deals an extra point of Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma damage. This ability can be used once every 5 rounds.

Capstone Empowerment- Creatures immune to fire damage still take the ability damage.

Minor Granted Abilities
    Conceal Alignment- While bound to Red Fel, your alignment appears as True Neutral, no matter what your true alignment is. In addition, you gain a bonus to diplomacy rolls equal to 1/2 your binder level to attempt to influence characters of an alignment opposite yours.
    Red Fel's Feast- Once per day you can summon a hero's feast as the spell (caster level equal to your binder level), creatures that partake of the feast register as Neutral Evil for the duration of the feast's effects. If you partake of the feast, your alignment still registers as True Neutral, as per the Conceal Alignment ability.
    Crafter's Insight- You gain the Craft Magical Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Item feats as bonus feats for the duration of your pact with Red Fel, even if you do not meet the prerequisites.

Signs and Influence
    Physical Sign: Small red horns grow out of your forehead, and when you exhale, smoke billows from your mouth or nostrils. Whenever you activate one of Red Fel's granted abilities, the smoke turns bright red and arcane sigils glow briefly on your skin.
    Personality: You are always helpful and willing to offer advice, though your advice tends to be towards destructive or power hungry ends.
    Favored Ally: Humanoid (Humans)
    Favored Enemy: Outsider (Evil)

Spoiler: Explanation
    Show

So, I tried to include nods to Red's Ironsoul Forgemaster Guide and his hilarious Allegory thread. Other than that, I based the vestige on my (somewhat limited) interactions with Red, where I noted that while Red is always helpful and willing to offer advice, it almost invariably leads to lots of destruction or being evil. Since Red Fel seems to have a fondness for teaching people how to play evil characters, or run effective villains, I figured fiend seemed appropriate.