View Single Post

Thread: /PF GitP Regulars as Vestiges!

1. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: /PF GitP Regulars as Vestiges!

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Alright, here's my attempt at a vestige. It's pathfinder style, so deal with it.

Red Fel, the Friendly Fiend
    Elric, you're my friend.

Seriously, that is awesome. The flavor is nice, the title is hysterical, the tone is so perfect. I love all the little nuggets - this vestige really makes the PC a horrifyingly good team player, while at the same time disturbingly good at self-promotion. Dumbing down enemies (and nerfing casters, love it!), crafting items (which makes people adore you), crafting food (which also makes people adore you), and concealing alignment. It's an odd hodge-podge that's surprisingly potent if used wisely.

This is crazy awesome.

Just for that, I'm going to try my hand at reciprocation. Don't blame me if I'm horrid at it. (Or if I'm just plain horrid. )

Ahem...

Elricaltovilla, Author of Power

The origins of the vestige known as Elricaltovilla are shrouded in mystery. Some say he was a scholar who chronicled the great martial disciplines in ages past. Others say he was a founder of several schools of combat. Still others suggest that he was never mortal, but is in fact a long-forgotten god who helped draft the preliminary sketches of many aspects of our reality. Whatever his origins, he remains approachable, and is willing to help the intrepid binder who seeks his wisdom.

Summoning Rules
    Spirit Level: 1st
    Constellation: Scholar
    Binding DC: 17
    Totems: You gain a totem bonus on the spirit's binding check if you meet some or all of these conditions:
    • You have recently participated in the drafting of an informative document, book, or pamphlet.
    • You are proficient in the use of at least one martial weapon.
    • You place within the seal five drops of your own blood (take 1d2 nonlethal damage), drawn with a martial weapon.

Ceremony: You perform the movements of any artistic martial performance. It can be a weapon drill, martial dance, combat form, or any similar performance.
    Manifestation: The sound of drums can be heard, like a distant march. They seem to come towards you from every direction. Above the seal, as though approaching through the mist, a blue-skinned reptilian humanoid appears in full military regalia. Its eye-ridge rises, as it eyes you in silent appraisal, waiting for you to make the next move.

Granted Abilities
    Major Granted Abilities:
    Terrible Lizard's Thunder: You unleash a bolt of crackling electricity as a ranged touch attack, which deals 1d4 points of electricity damage. This damage increases by 1d4 at 3rd level and every 2 binder levels thereafter. After you use this ability, it becomes expended for 5 rounds.
    Capstone Empowerment: You may, at your discretion, channel your Terrible Lizard's Thunder through your weapon, as per the Magus Spellstrike class ability.

Minor Granted Abilities:
    Martial Adaptivity: You are treated as possessing the Weapon Focus feat for the purpose of any martial weapon you wield for the duration of your pact with Elricaltovilla.
    Improved Maneuvers: Any damage-dealing maneuver you use deals an additional +1d2 damage. This damage increases with your binder level. At level 4, such maneuvers deal +1d4 damage. At level 8, they deal +1d6. At level 12, they deal +1d8. At level 16, they deal +1d10. At level 20, they deal +2d6. This damage stacks with all other sources of bonus damage. This damage may only be applied once per maneuver (so any maneuver that connects multiple times only deals bonus damage once).
    Combat Skill: You gain an insight bonus on CMB and CMD equal to 1/2 your binder level + 1/2 any levels you may have in the Warder, Stalker, or Warlord classes.

Signs and Influence
    Physical Sign: Your skin takes on a faint blue tint, and your teeth enlarge and extend slightly. In dim light, purple energy, like electricity, can be seen crackling around your hands. Whenever you activate one of Elricaltovilla's granted abilities, this energy pulses brightly.
    Personality: You take on a more analytic tone. You become more eager for martial combat, but view it tactically.
    Favored Ally: Any creature with ranks in martial classes, or in Magus
    Favored Enemy: Any creature with ranks in spellcasting classes (other than Magus)

Spoiler: Explanation
    Show
    Okay. I wanted to focus on your work on PoW, while throwing some nuggets to Magus. Terrible Lizard's Thunder is a terrible play on words, and I love it so I put it in; the capstone empowerment is based on Magus. The rest is basically designed to allow the build to be comfortably martial, and possibly to theurge with PoW classes. That's kind of what I build the Improved Maneuvers thing around.

I tried to present the vestige as patient, intelligent, and helpful, because I've read your guides and they're awesome, and I've found your posts on PF to be extremely instructive.

I also have no doubt whatsoever that this is a hideous hodge-podge of abilities that do binders no favors. But that's me.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2014-12-29 at 03:42 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!