1. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Morph Bark's NEW AND IMPROVED Homebrew Tier Compendium [3.5+PF]

Good to see you back! Looking at the tags for things that might be worth trimming, I think the Inspiration tags might be worth scrutinizing. Mostly because many ideas are so ubiquitous as to show up in many mediums, to the point it'd be hard to tell if there's a specific inspiration unless the maker says it outright. Nothing is new under the sun, and all that. Besides that, something being inspired by a given source doesn't necessarily mean a strong connection or even a direct relationship with it (see: anything ever presented with the tagline 'based on a true story'). They also don't tell you much about the class in specific.

Outside of that, the 'Magic' Role tag is fairly broad in definition, in particular because it tells me little that a subsystem tag wouldn't detail with more precision. Melee and Ranged are a bit iffy to me as being 'roles', but with the existence of effects that only work with one type of effect or another and many classes both official and otherwise whose abilities are pretty much limited to one type (Duskblade and Tome of Battle for Melee, Arcane Archer for Ranged, and my if that isn't a summary for how official material supports the two options comparatively) I can understand their existence.

EDIT: If you're accepting requests for after your work load lightens, I have two on my plate that I'd like to have examined due to my concern with balance and execution. One is a class I've been working on since the end of 2013 and originally had posted on these forms, the Doll Maker. I'm hoping to remake it from the ground up, possibly to use a point-buy-like system for creating the Dolls to better balance weaker and stronger options against each other, but I really need to know where it stands in terms of power now to know whether to aim up or down.

The other is my recent Monk remake, because I fell in love with the concept I had for it enough to do a Monk remake despite how overdone that is, but I have no idea if I've gotten the balance remotely right and what areas need buffing or nerfing, or even if I should restart from scratch.
    Last edited by UserShadow7989; 2015-01-11 at 09:07 AM.
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.