View Single Post

Thread: OOTS By Page Count

1. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: OOTS By Page Count

Now that I have BRitF in my hands, and have had a chance to see all of the nitpicky little details myself, I've done some minor reshuffling of the chart for BRitF.

First and foremost, I shifted one page out of "Bonus Strips" and into "Other Xtras". I gave it a good long thought and decided that Durkon Turns Undead really does belong in "Other Xtras". It's a lot like the promo strip that is attached to NCftPB, and I've been ignoring Rich's 'official' bonus strip count as it was somewhat inconsistent as to what was counting as a bonus strip from book to book. As an author, that's his well-earned prerogative. But as a curator, I want to try to be a bit more consistent on my charts here.

I did add a bit to the notes section saying that "Other Xtras" can contain Out of Continuity strips. Yeah, yeah I know. Continuity is a real nebulous concept in OotSland. But I gots to draw my lines somewheres.

Secondly, three other pages that were either 1/2th of a page or 3/4rs of a page were slightly re-worked in the book. We've already covered what happened in 841. However, the last half of 827 was also expanded (as well has having a Bonus Strip inserted into it [which was indeed counted as a Bonus Strip]). One panel was very slightly altered (to reflect what happened in the Bonus Strip) with the last panel greatly expanded to cover the bottom half of the page.

Also, the last row of panels in 839 was shifted over to the next page with a brand new long panel replacing it. The second page of 839, in conjunction with the shifted panel, was then expanded to cover the whole page.

In all three of these cases, using prior precedent of reworked pages [mostly from W&XPs], I have counted the reworked page as an "Online Page" and not a "Bonus Strip" or "Other Xtras". I have also added a note reflecting this saying:

* A few Online Pages have been resized, reshuffled, and/or had very minor additions made to them. The "Online Page Count" will reflect how the Online Page best maps to a book regardless of any minor "book only" additional changes.

It ain't perfect, but it'll have to do.

As a result of all of this, the "Online Page Count" for BRitF was raised by one and the "Xtra Pages" in the Basic Block was lowered by one (the "Other Xtra Pages" in the Advanced bloc was a placeholder number until I received the book and ultimately will remain at the number it was previously due to pages shuffling about).

=========

Basic Block

As of 972
    Book # of Online Strips # of Online Pages* Xtra Pages Total Book Pages
    DCF
    NCftPB
    W&XP
    DStP
    BRitF
    Book 6
    ???
    ???

42 pages to go until Book 6 is equal to the size of On the Origins of PCs.

Advanced Blocks

Compilation Books as of 972 and Blood Runs in the Family
    Book Online Strips Online Pages* Bonus Strips Chapters Commentary Pages** Other Xtras*** Total Pages
    DCF
    NCftPB
    W&XP
    DStP
    BRitF
    Book 6
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

Print Only Books
    Book Comic Pages Chapters Commentary** Other Xtras*** Total Pages
    OtOoPC
    n/a
    SoD
    n/a
    SS&DT

Kickstarter Release Information (Spoilered)
    Spoiler
    Show
    PDF Comic Pages Cover Page Total Pages
    US
    H&J

NOTES
    * A few Online Pages have been resized, reshuffled, and/or had very minor additions made to them. The "Online Page Count" will reflect how the Online Page best maps to a book regardless of any minor "book only" additional changes.
    ** Commentary includes the Author Commentaries, Forewords, Introductions, and 'In Character' Prefaces
    *** Other Xtras includes, when applicable, the Recap Strips, Cast of Characters Pages, Character Drawings, Blank/Book Information Pages, Promos, Out of Continuity Bonuses, and Various Other Miscellanea.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-01-13 at 12:03 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb