Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
Bwahaha, I love it! Cursed spells are an absolutely amazing idea. I'll have to steal these for a home game. Imagine getting a potion of this as loot, not knowing it's not actually a potion of Great Heroism.

You, my friend, just made one of my future players cry.
You're welcome. I love cursed items, and your name inspired me to cursed spells. So now I'm making tons of cursed spells.

Zaydos' Everspell
Transmutation [Cursed]
Level: Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, M, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Targets: Up to one willing creature touched per four levels
Duration: 10 min./level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes (Appears harmless)

This spell appears to all inspection to be the spell Protection from spells. In actuality, it applies the Extend Spell metamagic to hostile spells cast on the targeted creatures.

Material Component
A diamond of at least 500 gp value, which must be crushed and sprinkled over the targets. The material component of the spell may be faked, as it is not actually necessary for the spell, but doing so incurs the possibility of those in the know realising what you are doing.

Focus
One 1,000 gp diamond per creature to be affected. Before the spell's real power reveals itself, ridding oneself of the diamond will cause the spell no longer to affect you, but thereafter the diamond becomes irrelevant. The diamond may be faked, but some object must be used to hold the spell.