1. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World IV

Setsurou listens, mostly impassively.

Momoka is one of the few people who can get a rise out of him. It's hard to tell if he held this last one back particularly well, if he already knew, or if he is genuinely surprised to hear of this.

All that Momoka can tell for certain is that this last bit of news has actually gotten him to let the fašade he normally puts on slip.

He is silent for an awkward amount of time before responding.

"I'll spare you the details of whether I knew or not. I think it's crazy, but I also know that if anyone can pull this off, it's you.

I also suspect that you are very much aware this could be the last time we speak, and that this plan could cause your untimely death. There are a number of reasons you could REALLY ask me to stay - and you know full well that I wouldn't breathe a word of anything to Central if it killed me, so that can't be it.

You do know, however, that I love you. If it came to that, you know I would try to rescue you. And should I fail and somehow survive, I would blame myself for the outcome. Which is something you don't need on your conscience as you are trying to outsmart the oldest fox in existence.

Your claims that I could not stop you from leaving tell me you intend to go even if the Commander denies you. Which, again, you know I wouldn't breathe a word about to anyone."

Throughout his deconstruction of the events, Setsurou is slowly eating his share.

"I can't promise you I won't follow. But I can promise you that, if I do, you won't know I did unless you fail. And I can also promise you that I won't interfere unless I am 100% positive you'll die, or worse, if I don't.

I believe in you. I trust you.

But I also love you.

I can't ask you not to go. Even if this feels like the mess with Izanami all over again, and I nearly gave up at that time, you came back from it. But you can't ask me not to do anything and everything in my power to support you. You know that's not who I am."

His tone took a turn for the chipper as he went for the next dish.

"Now let's eat some more before it gets cold!"

Oh, this looked like a vegetable stew of some sort. And as a side dish, ricotta-stuffed mushrooms! The first clearly contained carrots, broccoli, onions and a number of delicately-balanced herbs and spices. Should she taste them together, the flavors would dance on Momoka's tongue as though celebrating the return of spring. He somehow made a stew into a seasonal dish, and balanced different spices to titillating perfection. Momoka might recognize nutmeg, black pepper, a hint of rosemary and... cinnamon? Oh, and the mushrooms complement the dish so well, too!

"Wine?"

"So, she's gonna come out of this stronger, huh.

Can I fight her then?"
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2015-03-17 at 11:12 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."