1. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Playable Races!

I grant my permission. I can't format the link here, but I'll also do Snowbluff as a race, if no one's claimed.

Edit: So here's what I've got so far; any tips?

Snowbluffians

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Once upon a time, the Snowbluffians were just another race of humans, born in a frigid and inhospitable wasteland. They were industrious, happy, and lived with peaceful serenity. But then, one day, one of their members returned home from a hunting trip with a strange box carved with images of gods in tow. Their elder opened it, and was amazed at what he found. A bright blue orb, cold as the heart of winter, and full of power. They could have let it be, but they were curious. But their attempts to use it changed them forever. Infusing them with the power of an ancient, dead deity, they became the Snowbluffians.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Snowbluffians are often tall, thin, pale and blonde. Their icy blue eyes give way to a stare that could frighten the gods of winters themselves.

Spoiler: Racial Traits
    Show
    • +2 Int, +2 Con: Snowbluffians are often far more resourceful and hardy than humans and other creatures, especially in their native environments.
    • +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks: A saying about Snowbluffians states, "Trust a Snowbluffian's insight, and hope their tongue speaks true." They're very convincing at arguing their points logically and efficiently.
    • +2 racial bonus on Survival checks in cold environs- Snowbluffians are rarely cold for long, even in the most freezing temperatures, and almost instinctively know how to find food and make shelter.
    • Heat Munity (Ex): Snowbluffians are more susceptible to heat than most, and in warm environments must drink water twice as often or risk hyperthermia.
    • Humanoid (Snowbluffian): Despite being descended from a northern race of humans, the Snowbluffians are not human.
    • Base land speed is 30 ft. Snowbluffians also take no penalties due to terrain when traveling through snow.
    • Favored Class: Seriously, who gives a crap? No one uses favored class rules anyway.
    • Level Adjustment: +0.

I balanced it against lesser Aasimar.

Edit: I changed the backstory a little bit, added descriptions. Thoughts?
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-24 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.