Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
I'm totally in on this one.

LoyalPaladin
Alright, I've got this one. I hope you don't mind being a PF race, because I don't believe in LA.

I'm going to shamelessly steal Red Fel's format for the races, because I'm lazy. P.S. Thanks for the awesome race Red Fel! They really make me feel like a lazy bum with their constant training and ambition

Spoiler: Paladines
Show

History: While Aasimar are the mortal descendants of ancient celestial bloodlines, and responsible for some of the greatest heroes of ancient history, not all their deeds are performed by true Aasimar. Another race, similar in appearance and purity to the Aasimar exist in secret among them.

The Paladine are created by the willful falling of a celestial being to the mortal realm. This celestial spirit, often a lower angel or archon then bonds with the body of a virtuous mortal, usually a human or Aasimar on the brink of death. The act causes the dying mortal to immediately reincarnate, restored to life and blessed by the powers of goodness.

Physical Description: Paladines are near universally handsome or awe inspiring in appearance. They benefit from great physical fitness, coupled with the purity of a celestial soul that causes a light to glow from within their form. Most Paladine who were originally human or Aasimar simply continue to pass themselves off as their former race, and indeed their appearance is, while exceptional, within the bounds of these two races.

Society: Paladines are exceptionally rare, and most simply live their lives in the culture which they were originally from. Those Paladine who do meet others of their kind feel an instant connection and immediately recognize each other for what they are. Through this empathic bond, all Paladine share some connection.

Relations: Universally virtuous, caring and generous, Paladine often find it easy to live and make many friends among good and neutral races. Their zeal and dedication are inspiring and many often find themselves in positions of leadership, at least temporarily.

Alignment: The nature of a Paladine's origin means that they are universally good aligned, although their feelings about Law and Chaos vary across a spectrum.

Adventurers: Paladine are born with a particular goal in mind, often the destruction or redemption of a great evil. This goal is usually the impetus of the original celestial's decision to fall to the mortal world. Whether they succeed at their goal or not, Paladines often continue their crusades against evil, or adventure to champion a particular cause of good on their way.

Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 STR, +2 CON, +2 DEX, -2 INT, +4 CHA. Paladine are notably hardy and possessed of a natural Charm and sense of self.
Size: Paladine are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Type: Paladine are Outsiders with the Native subtype.
Base Speed: The Paladine's base speed is 30 ft.
Languages: Paladine begin play speaking Common and Celestial. Paladine with high Intelligence scores can choose to learn any language they wish (except secret languages like Druidic).

Racial Traits:
Darkvision: Paladine have Darkvision out to 60 ft.
Low Light Vision: Paladine can see twice as far in conditions of dim light.
Celestial Resistance: Paladine gain acid resistance 5, cold resistance 5, and electricity resistance 5.
Eternal Hope: Paladine gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against fear and despair effects. Also, once per day, after a natural roll of 1 on a d20 roll, the Paladine reroll and use the second result.
Inner Glow: All Paladine emit a small amount of light from their skin and hair. This light is rarely enough to see by, but it does give the Paladine a -4 penalty to stealth checks.

Favored Class Options:
Cleric: Add +1/3 to the cleric's channel energy healing.
Paladin: Add +1 to the Paladin's healing with Lay on Hands, but only when the Paladin heals someone other than themselves.
Warpriest: Gain +1/3 uses of Fervor.