1. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Playable Races!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Now this one I have to see.

The link
    This'll be my next project.

I'll edit this post when it's ready.

And here we are.

Garrotites

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Garrotites are a race of small fey-like creatures, native to the material plane, who specialize in the art of creating new and powerful technologies, weapons, and magic items. They are exceptionally gifted artificers.

Even to their greatest scholars, the origins of the mysterious Garrotites are unknown. They seem to have originated from the planes of Fey, and they seem to be infused with a great degree of magic. However, they seem to also be part of the material plane, and have been there for a long time.

Most Garrotites worship a deity known as G'arreth, a strange god who is an ascended member of their own kind.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Garrotites are around the size of halflings, though much thinner and wirier. They are prone to fits of manic inventive talent, though these seem more common in teenage and adult Garrotites, and fade in number and in power when they age. They have violently coloured hair, usually red, green, blue or even pink, and they often dress in colors that match.

Spoiler: Racial Traits
    Show
    • +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: Garrotites are ferociously individual, each with a distinct and often charming personality. They are dextrous, and are prone to get underfoot of the larger races, who they refer to colloquially as "Biguns".
    • Fly (Su): Despite lacking wings, Garrotites have a limited ability to fly. They can fly at 20 ft. with Good maneuverability.
    • Manic Inspiration (Ex): Once per day per five levels, on a roll of a natural 1 on a Skill Check based off of Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma, they can treat it as a natural 20.
    • Garrotites receive a racial +2 bonus on Spellcraft and Use Magic Device checks. They are naturals at figuring out the nature of magic.
    • Humanoid (Garrotite): Garrotites are a distinctly individual race.
    • Base Land Speed: 20 ft. Garrotites are slower than their longer-legged counterparts, and envy Goblins their speed.
    • Favored Class: Artificer (I've given up on making a difference .
    • Level Adjustment: +0.

I'm a bit worried about the LA +0 on this one. Fly is pretty powerful, and Manic Inspiration might be abusable. What does the Playground think?
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-24 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.