1. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Playable Races!

I think I'll do one more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Please. Please make me one!

link
    Let's see how I do with this one. I'll post the results via edit when I'm done.

Also, I'd do myself, but I'd like to see what someone else thinks of me so...?

And here we are...

The Araezer

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    The Araezer are a race born to turmoil and emotion. Their story is a strange one, as was their conception.

An ancient wizard, far beyond the age for it, realized that she wished to have a child. She knew she had missed the natural opportunity, and was loath to summon a celestial or demon that could fulfill the basic requirements therein. So she delved deep into arcane knowledge, to try and accomplish what she wanted.

She found nothing. For years, she wished, and all her emotion, all her rage at the universe denying her her child, she found in that what she needed. Releasing all her rage, she turned that pure, undiluted emotion into a single arcane spark, which she could turn into a child.

She gave birth to twins, one male, one female. Those children grew to adulthood, miraculously she survived to see them to adulthood. The boy, named Aran, and the Girl, Eren. These two went off on their own and both found mates among the races of humans. Both bred true, producing more of their kind, but after about twenty generations they ceased to be able to produce more of their kind. But those twenty generations produced not a mere subrace but a race of its own kind, a powerful race imbued with magic.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    The Araezer appear for the most part human. They are inclined towards red hair, but this seems to be less a race trait and more a quirk of hereditary. The only true difference, it is said, lies in their eyes. To look in their eyes, they say, is to look into the heart of a storm and see its true tumult.

Spoiler: Racial Traits
    Show
    • [*}+2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: The Araezer are hardy and deeply emotional, and these emotions can sometimes sway others to their side, or can cause them to be blind to the danger of their actions. This causes Good Araezer to be fearless champions of their ideals, but can cause the rage of an Evil Araezer to be something fierce to behold.
    • Humanoid (Human, Araezer): Araezer are deeply human, despite the magic that suffuses them.
    • Shout (Su): Araezer have a powerful attack born of their deep emotion. They can shout, and have the sheer power of it affect their enemies. This scream deals 1d6 x 1/2 their character level sonic damage, but once used deeply drains the Araezer. An Araezer who uses this ability takes 1 point of constitution damage, which can be recovered but only at the rate of 1 point per day. This ability is a Sonic, Mind-Affecting ability.
    • Araezer are suffused with magic, giving them a predilection towards it. This manifests first with a racial +2 bonus on Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft checks. Secondly, it also grants them the ability to use magic items as if they had access to the Sorcerer spell list.
    • Base Land speed for an Araezer is 30 ft.
    • Favored Class: Sorcerer.
    • LA: +0

Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-24 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.