Well, you're up to bat. I'll try and make another, though their could possibly be some delay to this one.
Originally Posted by WhamBamSam
No one's getting tired of me, right?
The origin of Valarites is a mystery, at least to most. It is said that they are descended from magical beasts, given form and function. The truth is strange, to say the least.
In centuries long past, a wizard and his assistant sought to discover the secret of magical hybridization. The results were a mixed bag, to say the least. However, in one of his last experiments, he tried to bind animal essences into human form. In this case, his assistant. The result was his assistant mutated vastly into a furry, winged creature. The wizard could not fix his mistake, so as consolation made a mate for his former assistant from those same essences. And the rest, as it is said, is history.
: Valarites are large, bipedal, fur-covered creatures. They are exceedingly rare, but biologically immortal. They are broad and strong, but even then their minds are just as great if not more so than most. They often become wizards. They have brown fur, eyes that vary in shade about as much as humans, two vestigial horns, and thick legs and arms.
Spoiler: Racial Traits
- +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma: Valarites are strongly built, but many are disgusted by their appearance and they often have reserved appearances.
- Base land speed is 30 ft.
- Humanoid (Valarite): Valarites have long lost their humanity.
- Valarites have a +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal, Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft checks. Their animal essence seems to make animals feel safe around them, and they are naturally skilled with magic.
- Powerful Build (Ex): For the purpose of grappling checks, weapon sizes, and carrying capacity, Valarites are treated as large creatures.
- Favored Class: Any. This at least remains from their past as a human.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
This race, I think, needs a little bit of help. Anyone got an idea on the balance of it?