1. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF +DSP/PoW] GitP Regulars as Maneuvers!

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    1. I like details like that to not penalize the lower BAB classes given the way CMD scales.
    2. All saves are based on your initiation modifier. I should call out the base save though, which would be 13+initiation modifier.
    3. Nope, there are maneuvers known requisites, just forgot to put them in. 3rd level maneuvers require 1 maneuvers of the same discipline.
    1. Right, I got the intention, but say I'm a Monk 2/Medium BAB Martial Adept 4 with this maneuver. My martial adept class level is 4. My initiator level is 5. Initiator level seems the more natural thing to use.
    2. Alright, cool deal.
    3. Prereqs aren't always determined entirely by level, at least not in ToB, but 1 Sandbox Goliath maneuver sounds fair, assuming we get any maneuvers below 3rd level.

On that note...

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    I grant permission.

Troacctid's Transcendental Twitch
    Discipline: Sandbox Goliath (Counter)
    Level: 2
    Prerequisites: One Sandbox Goliath maneuver
    Casting Time: 1 Immediate Action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Instantaneous

A conventional strike against you fails as easily as shaky reasoning against a clear mind. As your enemy tries to pin you down, you slip out of their reach.

You can initiate this maneuver when an opponent attempts a melee attack against you. You may take a 5-ft step before the attack is resolved. If the opponent can no longer attack you in your new position, their attack is considered wasted. Otherwise, resolve the attack as if they attacked you in your new square (for instance, if you were flanked prior to initiating this maneuver, but your movement leaves you in a position where you are no longer flanked, the attacker does not get any benefit of flanking you).

Expanation: Pi is transcendental (it isn't a root of any rational polynomial) and I'm a math geek. You're also a pretty sharp fellow, and I've seen you poke holes in some shaky bits of reasoning (including some of my own) and that seems to fit somehow. I also have a soft spot for ToB 5-ft stepping shenanigans, though I am a bit worried that this might be a bit too good in relation to said shenanigans, at least at 2nd level.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2015-05-06 at 10:55 AM.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV