1. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5+ToB/PF +DSP/PoW] GitP Regulars as Maneuvers!

Here's one for you Dysprosium. It also gives us a bit more utility for Martial Lore as a discipline skill, since it's ordinarily not very useful. I've got two versions, so perhaps you or the rest of the thread could help me decide between them.

Spoiler: Old Drafts
    Show
    Mirror of Zinc and Dysprosium
    Sandbox Goliath (boost)
    Level: 6
    Prerequisite: two Sandbox Goliath maneuvers
    Initiation Action: swift action
    Range: personal
    Target: you
    Duration: 1 round

Can you even make a reflective surface with zinc and/or dysprosium? Well, no matter. Your enemies are left no time for such concerns when their own techniques are turned against them.

You may choose any maneuver that you have successfully identified during this encounter with a Martial Lore check. You have access to that maneuver as if it were one of your readied and/or granted maneuvers for one round.

Sandbox Goliath (counter)
    Level: 4
    Prerequisite: one Sandbox Goliath maneuvers
    Initiation Action: immediate action
    Range: varies
    Target: varies
    Duration: instantaneous

Can you even make a reflective surface with zinc and/or dysprosium? Well, no matter. Your enemies are left no time for such concerns when their own techniques are turned against them.

You may initiate this maneuver when you successfully identify a maneuver used against you with a Martial Lore check. After that maneuver has been resolved, you immediately initiate the same maneuver.

In concept, I like the counter version better, but I'm worried that might make the maneuver a little too situational.

EDIT: Current draft: A slightly edited version of the counter.

Sandbox Goliath (counter)
    Level: 4
    Prerequisite: one Sandbox Goliath maneuvers
    Initiation Action: immediate action
    Range: varies
    Target: varies
    Duration: instantaneous

You may initiate this maneuver when you make a successful Martial Lore check to identify a non-stance maneuver initiated by another creature. After that maneuver has been resolved, you immediately initiate the same maneuver.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2015-05-08 at 12:20 PM.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV