The Wightcalypse has come.
Quote Originally Posted by Atalia
Atalia, the Wight Queen.

Wight warriors by MSpiral
"Oh, but I didn't raise them. They did."
-Atalia

Spoiler: Dawning Scene
Show
"I'm not a necromancer - I don't raise these creatures. I kill them. They do the raising on their own. Why not try it?"

Atalia is a Chaotic Evil 20th-level sorcerer by the end of her career, though she is more suitable for lower-level encounters due to the increased potency of her abilities. She revolves largely about using negative levels to turn her foes into wights which she can control, either shattering her opponents' rings which protect them, or dispelling the magic they use to defend themselves.

Atalia begins with the following ability scores: Strength 13 Dexterity 12 Constitution 12 Intelligence 11 Wisdom 10 Charisma 17. She increases her Charisma by 5 points due to level advancement.

Atalia is a spellscale (RotD) and sustains no flaws, nor does she have any traits.
Spoiler: Rising Star
Show

The following table details Atalia's ECL (the same as her character level) and the base values of her saves that she gets for being a sorceress. Her saves should therefore increase by: Fortitude 1 Reflex 1 Will 0. Similarly, her skills should be increased by her ability score modifier of: Bluff 3 (4 at 4th, 5 at 12th, 6 at 20th) Concentration 1 Spellcraft 0
Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
1st Sorcerer 1 +0 +0 +0 +2 Bluff 4 Concentration 4 Spellcraft 4 Spell Focus: Necromancy Familiar
2nd Sorcerer 2 +1 +0 +0 +3 Bluff 5 Concentration 5 Spellcraft 5 - -
3rd Sorcerer 3 +1 +1 +1 +3 Bluff 6 Concentration 6 Spellcraft 6 Fell Drain Spell (LibMort) -
4th Sorcerer 4 +2 +1 +1 +4 Bluff 7 Concentration 7 Spellcraft 7 - -
5th Sorcerer 5 +2 +1 +1 +4 Bluff 8 Concentration 8 Spellcraft 8 - -
6th Sorcerer 6 +3 +2 +2 +5 Bluff 9 Concentration 9 Spellcraft 9 Practical Metamagic (Fell Drain) New Class Abilities
7th Sorcerer 7 +3 +2 +2 +5 Bluff 10 Concentration 10 Spellcraft 10 - -
8th Sorcerer 8 +4 +2 +2 +6 Bluff 11 Concentration 11 Spellcraft 11 - -
9th Sorcerer 9 +4 +2 +2 +6 Bluff 12 Concentration 12 Spellcraft 12 Empower Spell -
10th Sorcerer 10 +5 +3 +3 +7 Bluff 13 Concentration 13 Spellcraft 13 - -
11th Sorcerer 11 +5 +3 +3 +7 Bluff 14 Concentration 14 Spellcraft 14 - -
12th Sorcerer 12 +6 +4 +4 +8 Bluff 15 Concentration 15 Spellcraft 15 Practical Metamagic: Empower -
13th Sorcerer 13 +6 +4 +4 +8 Bluff 16 Concentration 16 Spellcraft 16 - -
14th Sorcerer 14 +7 +4 +4 +9 Bluff 17 Concentration 17 Spellcraft 17 - -
15th Sorcerer 15 +7 +5 +5 +9 Bluff 18 Concentration 18 Spellcraft 18 Chain Spell -
16th Sorcerer 16 +8 +5 +5 +10 Bluff 19 Concentration 19 Spellcraft 19 - -
17th Sorcerer 17 +8 +5 +5 +10 Bluff 20 Concentration 20 Spellcraft 20 - New Class Abilities
18th Sorcerer 18 +9 +6 +6 +11 Bluff 21 Concentration 21 Spellcraft 21 Practical Metamagic (Chain spell) -
19th Sorcerer 19 +9 +6 +6 +11 Bluff 22 Concentration 22 Spellcraft 22 Feats New Class Abilities
20th Sorcerer 20 +10 +6 +6 +12 Bluff 23 Concentration 23 Spellcraft 23 - -
Spoiler: Forming Glory
Show
The number of spells known is exactly the same as a sorcerer. The number of spells per day is the same as a sorcerer with the charisma that Atalia does. Please, don't do this to me.

Spells are listed in the order they're learned.

0: Acid Splash, Sonic Snap (SpC), Caltrops (SpC), Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue, Electric Jolt (SpC), Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound, Dancing Lights.
1: Summon Undead I (SpC) Hail of Stone (SpC), Thunderhead (SpC), Babau Slime (SpC), Lesser Orb of Sound (SpC)
2: Command Undead, Summon Undead II (SpC), Shatter, Body of the Sun (SpC), Disguise Undead (SpC)
3: Summon Undead III (SpC), Chain Missile (SpC), Rainbow Blast (SpC), Dispel Magic
4: Enervation, Thunderlance (SpC) Summon Undead IV (SpC), Burning Blood (SpC)
5: Circlet of Enervation (ShS), Graymantle (SpC), Summon Undead V (SpC), Lesser Spell Matrix (SpC)
6: Malevolent Tentacles (ShS), Greater Dispel Magic, Ghoul Gauntlet (SpC)
7: Control Undead, Energy Ebb (SpC), Sword of Darkness (SpC)
8: Polymorph Any Object, Ghostform (SpC), Veil of Undeath (SpC)
9: Eye of Power (SpC), Energy Drain, Programmed Amnesia (SpC)
Spoiler: Manifesting Form
Show
"There is something deeply unsatisfying about skeletons. They do not hate. They no not feel. They do not desire vengeance against the things of this world. But I? Do."

From 4th level, Atalia has the ability to throw negative levels out at people, by using such things as Fell Drain Sonic Snap or Fell Drain Caltrops (particularly nasty, as it can affect a large number of people without giving any obvious indication that they're fell drain until they've killed someone). Instantly gifted with four second-level spells, she can throw fell drain caltrops under three first-level characters' feet at first level, and control the three of them. By fifth level, then, she can have 4 wights running around if she's really careful. If that's not enough, she can throw down seven skeletons (not that she much likes using them, but desperate times) or else can chuck more caltrops to cover her escape, along with touches of fatigue if those help. She's also proficient with a morningstar and has a positive strength and constitution modifier, meaning that she stands a chance against a paladin if he's had three of his levels knocked off.
Spoiler: Gathering Army
Show
"Do you like them? My army of the dead..."
"Silence, witch! This is pointless! You have defiled these people's bodies, raising them from the dead to fulfill your dark purpose!"
"Oh, but I didn't raise them. They did."

Atalia stands at the forefront of an army of wights - some under her control, most cajoled by her lies (no ranks in sense motive, you say? What a pity. What a damned shame that is), wielding a spear made of lightning that allows her to make attacks from 20 feet away, and drops a negative level on anything it touches, as well as 3d6+CHA lightning damage. Oh, or she's firing 2d6+negative level, uhm, bracelets apparently, at people. What else can she do? Go check out thunderhead. It's in the spell compendium: for 1 round/CL it drops a 1-damage lightning bolt on someone, reflex negates for that round only. Do you see where this is going? Anyone who's not immune to negative levels is having 10 reflex-or-negalevel, DC admittedly only 14 but seriously, who has good reflex and isn't a rogue? Even if they pass on a 6, that's still 3 NLs which is pretty mean for a level 1-effective-2 spell.

Obviously, Negalevel immunity is a thing, but so is Shatter - will or you lose that nice ring (used against a single solid object, not as an area attack, so can break magic items) - and so is Dispel Magic. And so, of course, is Command Undead if you're immune that way, or also just throwing evocations at you until you die usually works. She doesn't have to raise you as a wight - one wight's just as good as the next, due to the really, really funky way that wights work. Negalevel a colossal-sized dragon to death? Turns into a medium human-shaped undead. You're welcome.
Spoiler: Ascending Power
Show
"So now your army has turned against you. Have you any last words?"
"Just two. Control Undead. Oh, wait, three more. Chain enervate."

By this point, Atalia is falling off the radar a little bit. Her armies of CR 3 creatures that can be shot down by a single shot of mass cure serious wounds just aren't as scary on level 15 as they were at level 10. But, fortunately, she can take 1d4 levels off each member of a small army, or she can keep on using the same tricks that she was using before. Control Undead to be able to grab large numbers of wights without faffing around making bluff checks is vital at this point, because the more difficult you can make the PCs' job of keeping your stuff down, the better, and you don't need uncontrollable wights running around complicating things.

Fell drain caltrops is still horribly powerful against random troops, being able to affect 5 squares and making a +4 touch attack. Plus, you can summon an honestly ludicrous number of undead, including more wights if you like. You still have the Spear of Silly, and there exist magic items that can sneak Combat Reflexes onto you if you need it. With a 20 foot reach. And fell drain.

But next level. Next level.
Spoiler: Gleaming Spire
Show
"Oh come now, I am making undead out of other undead. Surely you can't fault me for that?"

So we're at sixteenth level. Go look at Polymorph Any Object. If I turn a wight into a corporeal (+2) medium (+2) undead (+5), the transformation is permanent. It's also permanent if it's incorporeal or (but not and) nonmedium but has the same or lower INT than the wight's 11. What fits those criteria?

- Greater Shadows straight out of the MM.
- Mohrgs, also from MM.
- Possibly zombies of nigh-on anything, but that's rules-iffy and not amazing anyway.
- Really bad undead that I don't want.

Mohrgs? Mohrgs. We have an army of mohrgs. And greater shadows, I guess. But what else can we do with them? Well, we could make a Dread Wraith that lasted for 12 hours and made more wraiths with anyone it killed. Then, the resulting wight would end up in charge of them, I suppose? Or I can just control them directly. Either way.
Spoiler: Dying Light
Show
"Today I may die, but my memory shall live. And my people? Not even I know whether they are alive or dead."

This may be the end of the line, but you're not done yet. Metamagic doesn't actually change a spell's level, so there's no reason that you can't drop, say, fell drain chain missiles through it, even though that's your fourth-level slot. Summoning copious numbers of undead III through the eye is funny, but not recommended. Honestly, your best hope is to avoid combat with the PCs. If you do get into combat, either shatter all their stuff and throw your undead hordes at them, or take off your ring and disappear off into a cave with your last wight.

You always dreamed of being a wight.