View Single Post

Thread: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as PrCs!

1. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as PrCs!

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    And you are the first PoW Writer to arrive, so you get the PrC I had premade once I put finish polishing it

,,, I, PsyBomb, give my permission as well
    Mindshield
    "I've tried it all, his mind is just too strong. There is no way anyone awakened can best that person. It's simply impossible. - Unnamed Psion in the Arrow'd Knee Tavern.

Background: Attack and defence are always trying to find harmony. Where there is a defence, attack seeks to circumvent it. Where there is an attack, defence seeks to nullify it. Naturally, when some people awakened and unlocked the potential within their minds, another set of people trained themselves to defend against it.
    HD: D8

Requirements:

Skills: Concentration 7 ranks
    Alignment: Any
    Special: Must have fallen victim to a psionic character and survived it, character must not have any psionic abilities at all. If a character later gains psionic abilities the classfeatures this class grants are nullified.

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Class Features
    1st +1 +2 +0 +2 Hard Stare
    2nd +2 +3 +0 +3 Iron Mind
    3rd +3 +3 +1 +3 Matter over Mind
    4th +4 +4 +1 +4 Chattering Chaos
    5th +5 +4 +1 +4 Neural Redirection

Skills: Concentration (Con), [and some others I have no idea about]

Skill Points per Level: 4 + Int modifier

Abilities

Hard Stare: The first thing a Mindshield learns is to unnerve enemy psionic characters. Whenever an enemy wants to target a mindshield with a psionic ability for the first time in a period of 24 hours, said enemy and the mindshield must make opposed concentration checks. The enemy psionic character may add the level of the power to the concentration check. In the table below is detailed what the outcome is resulting those opposed concentration checks.

Outcome Effect
    Mindshield>
    caster
    Power fails to have effect,
    spent powerpoints are lost
    enemy equals,
    or beats mindshield by less then 5
    power continues as normal,
    but costs 1 additional powerpoint per mindshield level to manifest
    Enemy beats Mindshield by 5 or more Power manifests normally

Iron Mind: If the Mindshield is affected by any effect that deals partial harm effects on a successful save, then the Mindshield may instead ignore all harmful effects on a successful will save.

Matter over Mind: The Mindshield gains a powerresistance of 5+5 x Mindshield classlevels

Chattering Chaos: The Mindshield gains Mindblack as an extraordinary ability

Neural Redirection: The Mindshield's Hard Stare now work every 12 hours and if hte MIndshield wins the opposed ocncentrationcheck the power is instead redirected at the manifester.
    Last edited by Socratov; 2015-05-30 at 01:02 PM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin