2015-05-31, 11:55 PM (ISO 8601)
Re: [PEACH] Binder class (WIP)
First of all, welcome back Anaxi! You had me worried
Might I make a suggestion to spoiler vestiges, so they take less space? I feel they can take up quite a bit of space.
Originally Posted by The_Doctor
That's kind of funny, Doctor, how just the other night I was looking up siege weapons in the DMG, thinking of what I can do with the exact same vestige
- I'm at work at the moment, so I don't really have the means to compare with the books today. Here are my thoughts on Halphax:
- Tbh I wanted to save broadly applicable perception benefits and the like to a vestige like Dantalion, or Geryon(was it Geryon? The one with all-around vision!)
- As a ninth level vestige, I think he can afford some more powerful tools - resistance to weapon damage is something for lower level vestiges I think, perhaps I'm wrong, though.
- I don't think we need heavy limits on Wall of Force for a 17th or higher level binder. Perhaps we could make it an at-Will ability, but place a cap on how many walls he can have up at once? As of late I'm experimenting with caps for vestiges vestige bound, though I think the best is to rely on reason/common sense to triumph in the end.
- Fluff speaking I have little to say - it seems closer to the original than it is to any adaptation. We're currently using temporarily-imposed traits/ideals/bonds/flaws as of right now to portray a vestige's influence, as opposed to outright blackmailing the 5e binder when making decisions.
- Adding proficiency to skills is an iffy decision. inb4 the Binder's
- 4 or 5 vestiges can mean having 10 or more different skill proficiencies, more than even a rogue optimized for skill proficiencies can ever get (feats notwithstanding). Long story short, granting skill proficiencies is a difficult thing to balance when we make so many moving parts, I suggest giving benefits by other means if necessary.
- Also, the core books suggest keeping flat bonuses to a minimum, and +6 is a ton.
- I think imprisonment is a great ability to play with at these levels. Can't think of more to say about it yet
What I envisioned for Halphax was lowering him to mid/mid-high level making him a sort of war-machines-and-certain-traps-based-battlefield controller.
Overall, Doctor, it's a good base mostly just needs to be synced with our discussion notes. I'll be happy to work with you further on Halphax, as well as others if you want. I figure I could use a set of Gallifreyan hands on a few vestiges
@Spiriah you're invited too, especially with Anaxi back, we can make a little team out of it!
I'll try to find a time soon to put up some of my ideas... I've been busy.
Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-06-01 at 04:40 AM.
P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
Originally Posted by The_Jette
<<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!
My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.
My Extended Signature