Made a first draft of Focalor. Still very much a WIP, and I don't have the background stuff besides the manifestation in here. All info is under the spoiler, and I'm looking for feedback.

Spoiler
Show
FOCALOR
Prince of Tears
3rd Level Vestige

Special Requirement: Focalorís seal must be drawn with a liquid medium.

Manifestation: Focalor manifests slowly, appearing first as a single tear that drops from thin air to strike the ground. Next his weeping eyes appear, and gradually his whole body becomes visible. Focalor looks like a handsome human male whose face is twisted by grief. He wears no clothes, but he cloaks his body in the griffon wings that grow from his back and shudder with each of his wracking sobs.

Sign: While you serve as host to Focalor, your eyes constantly weep, regardless of your mood or thoughts.

Influence: While influenced by Focalor, you feel some of his immense sadness and act morose, rarely smiling or finding cause to laugh. Whenever you kill a creature, Focalor demands that as soon as you have a peaceful moment, you take a round to say a few words of sorrow and regret for the life cut short by your actions.

Abilities:

Focalor's Breath: As a standard action, you can exhale towards a living target within 30 feet. The target must make a Constitution save or be blinded as if by the Blindness/Deafness spell. You can use this ability once per short rest.

Water Breathing: For as long as you are bound to Focalor, you are under the effects of the Water Breathing spell.

Electrifying Touch: You gain the Shocking Grasp cantrip.

Inestimable Grief: While you display Focalor's sign, the sorrow that paints your visage makes you difficult to read. Insight or Perception checks attempting to discern your emotions or intentions have disadvantage, and you have advantage on saves against Detect Thoughts or similar effects that would read your mind.

Lightning Strike: Once per round as a standard action, you can call down a bolt of lightning that strikes any target you designate, as long as it is within 60 feet. This range increases to 120 feet at 11th level. The lightning bolt deals 1d6 points of electricity damage per vestige level of the highest-level vestige you have bound. A successful Dexterity save halves this damage. This ability functions outdoors, indoors, underground, and even underwater.

So, in addition to that, I'm giving him one more ability. Originally I was thinking I'd replicate the 3.5 sadness aura, but that's a numerical modifier and 5e's moved away from that, plus he doesn't have a long rest recharge ability. But there's no Crushing Despair spell in 5e, so I had to make do. Take a look at both of the following abilities and tell me which you prefer (and why), if you please.

Spoiler
Show

Aura of Sadness: You emit an aura of depression and sadness that can overtake even the most strong-willed of creatures. All creatures within 5 feet of you take a -2 to attack rolls, ability checks, and saves. You can suppress or activate this aura as a standard action.

OR

Curse of Despair: You have the ability to inflict an opponent with Focalorís hopelessness. You can cast Bestow Curse without expending a spell slot, as if using a spell slot of the highest level vestige you have bound. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again until you finish a long rest.