2015-06-15, 08:39 PM (ISO 8601)
Re: New Takes on Old Elementals (PEACH)
I've finally had an idea worth having for the air one. Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty fitting it into something that fits the CR system at all - it's not really a combat monster. Here's my scratch-notes, anyway:
- Basically oracles
- Immobile in combat time (maybe move at a rate of feet/day) but with a wide area of influence - thinking 1000 feet plus 1000 feet per HD. Size category of the actual Eye scales with HD as well, but more slowly. Maybe the really big ones get a combat-time speed - I looked it up, and actual hurricanes can easily manage 15 feet per second, but I want to stay well below those crazy speeds.
- Control airflow within their area: Control windspeed in up to... maybe 3/4 of their area (radius as above). Areas not affected are completely still. In addition, telekinesis-like effect via precise air control with strength varying by distance (very low at max range - it takes a really big one to be able to apply precise force at even STR 10). Was thinking one move-or-standard action with it at max-range-or-nearer, one at max-minus-1000-or-nearer, etcetera, so if you're close to a big one it can be doing a lot at once.
- Aware of events within their area. Again, cannot focus their attention everywhere - there's that still-air area where they aren't looking/acting.
- Invisible, of course, but can be spotted if there's loose dust or similar in their actual location.
- 50% chance of damage from anything - like incorporeal but mundane stuff works. Select spells and weapons (especially the right improvised weapons such as anything large, flat, and stiff) might ignore that.
Sources of inspiration: Tamora Pierce's Provost's Dog books. Also, double-meaning of "The Eye" as in hurricane/oracle.
Anyone see a way to work with this?