Quote Originally Posted by Daelyna View Post
Perhaps the below would be more tolerable:
Your choice grants you +1 to power attack and/or damage.
Ex. A Kineticist manifesting a damaging Psychokinesis power could add +1 to the damage of the power or +1 to their attack with the power, their choice when manifesting the ability.
Personally, I quite like the fact that 5e doesn't give you situation +1s to remember.

What if you got 1 bonus power point when augmenting powers of your school?

As to the duration of spells you are right the 1x/x setup is gone.. I'm going to need to investigate other spells that have changed from scaling durations. Though I may leave them for now to add a bit of unusual to the class and see how it goes.
Stuff like that, I won't say it's "wrong", it's just not 5e style. Just something to be aware of and not accidentally include.

The problem I see with making it a cantrip is all the 1st level spells are "lacking" to begin with to make up for being augment-able. If I moved Crystal Shards, I would need to move all the others. Perhaps increasing the damage on 1st level spells to 2d would be a more prudent move?
I don't think you need to make the un-augmented version of the spell "lacking"-- after all plenty of 5e spells can be "augmented" by casting it with a higher spell slot. I do think the unaugmented power should be roughly comparable in power to a spell of the same level.

Force Screen was supposed to say Shield bonus,
That's better, but even the term "shield bonus" is a 3.5 term-- though it is understandable.

re: Ability Score Damage - It is listed as something Greater Restoration cures. However perhaps replacing ability damage with the poison effect would be more in line with other spells.
My 5e experience is mostly at levels 5 and below, so that's just something i've never encountered.

re: Energy Adaption - Since it is personal only, I'm alright with it being lower level. However the duration should be lower, and the augmentation cost should be higher. Though I can see the argument for changing it to match Protection from Elements (including level).
I certainly wouldn't say everything needs to be at the same level as the 5e spell equivalent -- if it is all the same what's the point?

But the spell version requireing a higher level AND concentration means the psionic version is significantly superior-- even when you don't have the levels to match the hour duration.