Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
Actually, some of the mystic combats are great steroids. For example, spend a spell point for enlarge person. Can be combined with the alteration sphere.

And buffing is expensive on actions in any system. There's a reason that most buff gish builds are 3.5 and revolve around spamming persisted spells.

I haven't had too much time to look into combat efficient buffs, since I run gestalt and therefore generally combine incanter with an initiator for my gishes, and further the one buff focused boss had enough warning to drop a solid minute of buffs

For enhancement, you need to look at where to get bonuses. For example, enhance your weapon and your str score for combat.
Also, some of it was the kind of build I was doing (TWF rogue-ish). You could make a pretty amazing charger with large size+pounce (from alteration)+the class level to charge attack mystic combat+rage mystic combat. I really like the combat maneuver mystic combat (synergizes well with rage and large size, too), but by that point I'm wondering why I didn't just go bloodrager if I want a rage-based spellcaster.