View Single Post

Thread: GiP Regulars as Wondrous Items

1. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GiP Regulars as Wondrous Items

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    The code of conduct is the only real issue I have with the paladin. I just think it's generally poorly written and leaves itself open to abuse and misuse.

They could stand to have a couple more buffs (more Lay on Hands, better smite mechanics, more skill points), but they're hard to kill, good in a fight and usually pretty dependable.
    Yeah paladins are okay.

I feel similarly about monks, they just need stuff that works together better.
    Monks are not. They don't even belong in the setting, and not even their Mary Sue "I don't need mechanical advantage to hit things" powers will not save them from being buried a hundred miles under Tartarus.

No spells or maneuvers, either. Nothing was done to make the class mechanically engaging. The most you can get out of it is a dip for builds much more dependent on other class levels, like Shadow Sun Ninja or Tashalatora.

Phooey on monks, and phooey on attempts to fix rather than replace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I just play my wizards like bad sorcerers. I almost never change my spells prepared except on level up. I just love being the bookworm who gains great power by READING!
    Hahaha... I do this to.

I usually play wizards over sorcerers because the casting progression is faster.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-25 at 04:03 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.