1. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A wizard did it! (playing with a random generator)

Experiment 4: The Sylvan Colossus
    Components: cask of elf tears, pouch of pixie dust, sack of powdered unicorn horn, camel livers preserved in gnoll blood, bugbear bone meal.

Method: Another curious shipment. Exquisite quality, but even I have some reservations working with elves' tears and unicorn horn. Who is the Supplier? What do they want? I shall make inquiries.

Results: I discarded the camel livers straight away. Worth more as fodder for the other experiments than a component for this. As I had predicted, however, the recent influx of adventurers has glutted the market with monster components (and attracted a number of rivals... I shall deal with them shortly). I was able to procure a stone giant carcass, whole, from a band of half-orcs - and at a laughable price, due to my laboratory being the only one big enough to handle it!

Rather than raise the giant as a zombie, I transfused a serum based on the elf tears and unicorn horn into its veins. Using some of the pixie dust instead of my usual focus, I then animated the giant, avoiding any necromancy. The rest of the dust was poured into the giant's braincase (which had been cut open by some barabaric slashing implement), while the bugbear bonemeal was used to repair some damaged bones. Fearing that the repairs would not be sufficient to support the giant's bulk, I supplemented them with magical enchantments.

Included below is a sketch of the giant. I find the background somewhat fanciful, but I suppose it would not be so terrifying to my enemies if they saw it chained up in a dungeon.

Postscript: I finally tracked down Rasan's remains yesterday. He will be buried with due respect in my mausoleum.

Spoiler: Sketch
    Show

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Sylvan Colossus
    Huge giant, chaotic neutral

Armour Class 18 (natural armour)
    Hit Points 138 (12d12 + 60)
    Speed 40 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
    23 (+6) 17 (+3) 20 (+5) 10 (+0) 13 (+1) 12 (+1)

Skills Athletics +12, Perception +4, Stealth +9
    Senses darkvision 60ft., passive Perception 14
    Languages Giant, Sylvan
    Challenge 8 (3,900 XP)

Magic Resistance. The sylvan colossus has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Magic Weapons. The sylvan colossus' weapon attacks are magical.

Swamp Camouflage. The sylvan colossus has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide in swampy terrain.

Innate Spellcasting. The sylvan colossus' innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 12; +4 to hit). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:

At will: Dancing Lights, Druidcraft
    1/day: Confusion, Conjure Woodland Beings, Cure Wounds III (self only), Detect Thoughts, Entangle, Pass Without Trace, Phantasmal Force, Teleport

Actions

Multiattack. The sylvan colossus makes two attacks with its fist.

Fist. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 19 (3d8 + 6) bludgeoning damage.

Javelin. Ranged Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, range 60/240ft., one target. Hit: 27 (6d6 + 6) piercing damage.

Superior Invisibility. The sylvan colossus magically turns invisible until its concentration ends (as if concentrating on a spell). Any equipment the colossus wears or carries is invisible with it.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2018-02-28 at 10:47 AM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig, MHP