"Well, this is an audacious entry! Chargin up off soul blades, I don't think anyone expected that!"

"I certainly didn't! But have they managed to make the Soulknife good, or will such a poor ingredient drag the rest down?"

Quote Originally Posted by Harror
Harror
TN Human Ardent 6 / Soulknife 4 / Spellfire Channeler 10

It was Market Day, and everything was a-bustle. I remember coming up to a crowd watching a brightly-dressed woman with glowing eyes doing a pretty impressive sword-swallowing act. Everyone was distracted watching her, everyone pushing and jostling, so when a big guy in a cloak grabbed me from behind, held a dagger to my throat, and started hauling me away, no one even noticed, at least until I started screaming in terror. The sword-swallowing woman looked up, yanked the sword out of her throat, leapt into the air, and fired the biggest blast of blue flame I've ever seen right at the guy who had grabbed me! We must have been a good couple hundred feet away from her, and there were dozens of people all crowded around, but she hit him dead on—or at least I think that's what happened, because the next thing I knew, I wasn't being grabbed anymore, and there was a big charred body on the ground next to me.

The woman floated over to me, shooing the crowd away a bit, and led me over to a more secluded area, trying to help me calm down. She asked me if I was hurt at all. I told her that I got a little bit roughed up here and there, and she gently touched my shoulder, her hand glowing with that same blue flame. I was pretty scared right there, since I saw what that blue flame did to the guy who attacked me, but sure enough, the bruises and cuts I got in the scuffle just kind of melted away. She told me to just sit tight and collect myself, and that she'd help me talk to the authorities when they arrived. I noticed her eyes weren't glowing anymore, but she pulled some kind of glowing sword out of somewhere (I couldn't see where it came from) and started doing her sword-swallowing again. I figured she was either practicing for her next act or just trying to amuse me while I collected my wits, but this act seemed different from the one she was doing just a moment ago. I thought sword-swallowers usually pulled the sword back out of their throat when they were done, but it looked like she just ate it entirely! At first I thought I must have just been rattled and seeing things, but she repeated this a few more times, and the swords definitely weren't coming back out of her throat. I finally got up the courage to ask if she was really doing what I thought she was doing. She just smiled—the glow was back in her eyes at that point—and winked at me, then took another bite of her sword. She said something about not every act being just for show, then led me over to the guards who had just arrived.

Build Attributes:
Spoiler
Show
STR: 8 (0 pts)
DEX: 14 (6 pts)
CON: 16 (10 pts)
INT: 14 (6 pts)
WIS: 16 (10 pts)
CHA: 8 (0 pts)

Points spent: 32
Level-up points go into CON.

Build Table:
Spoiler
Show

Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
1st Ardent 1 +0 +0 +0 +2 Concentration
+4 (4), Craft: Poisonmaking +4 (4), Knowledge: Arcana +2 (2),
Spellcraft +2 cc (2), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +2 cc (2), Psicraft +2
(2)
Endurance (bonus), Spellfire Wielder, Ectopic Form (bonus) Primary Mantles (Creation, Elements); Powers
2nd Ardent 2 +1 +0 +0 +3 Concentration +1 (5), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (5), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (2.5), Psicraft +2 (4) No new feats Secondary Mantle (Magic)
3rd Ardent 3 +2 +1 +1 +3 Concentration +1 (6), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (6), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (3), Spellcraft +1 cc (3) Practiced Manifester (Ardent) No new class features
4th Soulknife 1 +2 +1 +3 +5 Concentration
+1 (7), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (7), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc
(3.5), Spellcraft +0.5 cc (3.5), Craft: Carpentry +3 (3)
Wild Talent (bonus), Weapon Focus (Mind Blade) (bonus) Mind Blade
5th Soulknife 2 +3 +1 +4 +6 Concentration
+1 (8), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (8), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc
(4), Spellcraft +0.5 cc (4), Craft: Carpentry +3 (6)
No new feats Throw Mind Blade
6th Spellfire Channeler 1 +3 +3 +4 +8 Concentration +1 (9), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (9), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (4.5), Spellcraft +2 (6) Master of Poisons Drain Charged Item, Increased Storage 2
7th Spellfire Channeler 2 +4 +4 +4 +9 Concentration +1 (10), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (10), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (5), Spellcraft +2 (8) No new feats Improved Healing
8th Spellfire Channeler 3 +4 +4 +5 +9 Concentration +1 (11), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (11), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (5.5), Spellcraft +2 (10) Weapon Focus (Spellfire) (bonus) Increased Storage 3
9th Soulknife 3 +5 +5 +5 +9 Concentration +1 (12), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (12), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (6), Craft: Carpentry +4 (10) Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot (bonus) Bonus Feat
10th Spellfire Channeler 4 +6 +6 +5 +10 Concentration +1 (13), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (13), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (6.5), Spellcraft +2 (12) No new feats Rapid Blast 2
11th Spellfire Channeler 5 +6 +6 +5 +10 Concentration +1 (14), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (14), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (7), Spellcraft +2 (14) No new feats Drain Permanent Item, Increased Storage 4
12th Soulknife 4 +7 +6 +6 +11 Concentration +1 (15), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (15), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (7.5), Craft: Carpentry +4 (14) Ability Focus (Spellfire blasts) +1 Mind Blade
13th Spellfire Channeler 6 +8 +7 +7 +12 Concentration +1 (16), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (16), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (8), Spellcraft +2 (16) No new feats Flight
14th Spellfire Channeler 7 +8 +7 +7 +12 Concentration
+1 (17), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (17), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc
(8.5), Spellcraft +1 (17), Craft: Carpentry +1 (15)
Deflect Arrows (bonus) Deflect Arrows, Increased Storage 5
15th Spellfire Channeler 8 +9 +8 +7 +13 Concentration
+1 (18), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (18), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc
(9), Spellcraft +1 (18), Craft: Carpentry +1 (16)
Empower Supernatural Ability Rapid Blast 3
16th Spellfire Channeler 9 +9 +8 +8 +13 Concentration
+1 (19), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (19), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc
( 9.5), Spellcraft +1 (19), Craft: Carpentry +1 (17)
No new feats Crown of Fire
17th Spellfire Channeler 10 +10 +9 +8 +14 Concentration
+1 (20), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (20), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc
(10), Spellcraft +1 (20), Craft: Carpentry +1 (18)
No new feats Maelstrom of Fire
18th Ardent 4 +11 +9 +8 +15 Concentration +1 (21), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (21), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (10.5), Craft: Carpentry +2 (20) Craft Dorje No new class features
19th Ardent 5 +11 +9 +8 +15 Concentration +1 (22), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (22), Perform: Sword-Swallowing +0.5 cc (11), Craft: Carpentry +2 (22) No new feats Secondary Mantle (Time)
20th Ardent 6 +12 +10 +9 +16 Concentration +1 (23), Craft: Poisonmaking +1 (23), Craft: Carpentry +1 (23), Spellcraft +1 cc (21) No new feats No new class features

Psionics:
Spoiler
Show
PP Per Day and ML:
(Includes bonus PP based on 16 WIS; may be higher if WIS goes up through items or other methods.)
1st: 3, ML 1
2nd: 9, ML 2
3rd: 15, ML 3
4th: 19, ML 4
5th: 20, ML 5
6th: 22, ML 6
7th-17th: 23, ML 7
18th: 31, ML 8
19th: 40, ML 9
20th: 52, ML 10

Powers Known:
1st: Elemental Steward (Elements 1), Psionic Minor Creation (Creation 1)
2nd: Metaphysical Weapon (Magic 1)
3rd: Earth Walk (Elements 2)
18th: Psionic Fabricate (Creation 4)
19th: Anticipatory Strike (Time 5)
20th: Psionic Major Creation (Creation 5)

Strategies and Tactics:
Spoiler
Show
Levels 1-5: Early play treats Harror very well. As early as level 2, she is able to charge herself up with spellfire without relying on outside sources. How does this work? Simple. The Magic mantle's granted ability states that “you always treat magic and psionics as identical.” This means that Harror can absorb psionics as spellfire just as easily as she can absorb magic. But, you may say, doesn't charging up with spellfire require readying an action, which is therefore incompatible with casting spells or manifesting powers at yourself? That's true, but that's why we have a proxy do the work for us. One of Harror's earliest powers known is Elemental Steward, which lets you summon a little elemental dude who just happens to have a handful of psi-like abilities. Each elemental steward has 3 PLAs, each of which are usable 2 times per day, for a total of 6 doses of PLAs out of each summon. Harror summons a steward, readies to absorb spellfire, and has the steward unload its PLAs at her, which she harmlessly absorbs. At level 2, they only last 2 rounds, so Harror can gain 2 spellfire levels per PP spent. This increases at a 1:1 ratio until level 6, when her stewards last 6 rounds and can therefore give her 6 spellfire levels per PP. Even at level 2, though, this is a win for Harror: a normal Psion manifesting Energy Ray gets 1d6 per PP spent, but since each spellfire level translates to a d6 of blastitude, Harror gets 2d6 per PP spent, and it only gets better from there (quite rapidly, since each level gives progressively more PP and progressively more spellfire per PP). What's more, Harror can charge up as many as 16 levels of spellfire at once, allowing for a far bigger nova than even a Wilder can pull off in the early game. (At level 2, that represents almost all of her daily PP, but still, the option is there if you choose to go out with a massive bang.) Even by level 3 or 4, though, she has the staying power to unleash several full-strength blasts per day, or many more partial-strength blasts if she doesn't want to fully nova. (Note that even though Elemental Steward is listed as having a 3 PP cost, this is an error for Ardents, as it only costs 3 PP for Psions/Wilders, who treat it as a level 2 power. Ardents treat it as a level 1 power, so it costs only 1 PP, as clearly explained on pg. 63 of the Expanded Psionics Handbook.)

When she runs out of spellfire within an encounter (which shouldn't happen too often; that's an awful lot of d6s at an early level, and we're looking at a level range where a pile of d6s really can solve a lot of problems), Harror has self-made poisons to fall back upon (made with Psionic Minor Creation and Craft: Poisonmaking)—without Rapid Reload, she can only fire one poisoned crossbow bolt per round, but most casters who end up in Crossbow Mode at this level don't have nasty poisons backing them up, and unlike most casters who run out of juice, she can still probably charge up with spellfire after the encounter. Practiced Manifester keeps her ML up even after leaving Ardent, and while Soulknife doesn't do a ton of good right as you take it, the extra PP from Wild Talent are a consolation prize. (Remember that bonus PP from a high WIS is based off of manifester level, not class level, so Practiced Manifester keeps our PP going up a little bit even without more levels in Ardent.) Earth Walk is a little heavy on the PP, but it can be invaluable for solving certain out-of-combat problems (or even certain combat problems, if you can climb up to a safe spot against nonflying foes). Metaphysical Weapon is more likely to be used on Harror's allies than on her own weapon, but while it isn't a primary strategy, it can still be useful to let the party break DR/Magic at level 2. Elemental Stewards can also be used as fighting summons instead of just as sources of spellfire; they aren't amazingly strong past the first few levels, but they're certainly serviceable in the 1-3 range. (It's worth mentioning that the 1 round manifesting time on Elemental Steward is actually a good thing as far as charging up spellfire levels from them goes: the steward doesn't appear until the round after you start manifesting it, which means that its duration timer doesn't start until a round in which you have an action available to ready your spellfire absorption.)

On the defensive side of things, spellfire is useful for healing Harror and her party: a normal Ardent can cure 2 HP per PP by means of Touch of Health, but since Harror gets at least 2 spellfire levels per PP, and each spellfire level heals for 2 HP, she starts out with double the efficiency of a normal Ardent at level 2 and gets better from there. Typical Ardent armor and shield proficiencies go a long way toward keeping her safe in the early levels, as well; she is proficient with heavy armor, but she usually sticks with medium armor, because her Endurance allows her to sleep in it. If mithril armor becomes affordable, that allows for the best of both worlds, but until that's available (if it's available at all), the ability to sleep in armor outweighs the small AC bonus gained from using heavy instead of medium. And of course, the ability to absorb enemy magic shouldn't be ignored—it's tricky to use it as a primary strategy, but spellfire users are uncommon enough that most casting enemies probably wouldn't expect you to be able to just absorb the spells they throw at you.

Levels 6-11: Harror enters the Secret Ingredient as early as possible, and she starts using its power immediately. Increased Storage is very, very handy to have around—it's difficult for her to self-charge above her CON score (which is 17 or 18 by this point, thanks to level-up bonuses), thanks to the clause about spell effects (or for you, power effects—remember, “you always treat magic and psionics as identical”) draining spellfire levels if you're overcharged, but it's still useful to be able to charge up from allies or enemies (and of course, you'll start every encounter having charged yourself up to at least your CON score). Drain Charged Item is less necessary for Harror than for some other Spellfire Channelers, since she can already charge up to her CON score with her own resources, but it can still be used to conserve PP on a long adventuring day, or it can be used to charge up above her CON score (thanks to the Chair's ruling that only the initial touch drains spellfire, so we can drain several charges from a wand without losing spellfire beyond the initial grasp). If the party setup is right, perhaps Harror can barter with the party Rogue to trade some poisons for some less-useful wands . . . but of course we aren't relying on that sort of thing. Improved Healing is incredibly useful—at a gain of 6 spellfire levels per PP, Harror can heal 6d4+6 HP per PP expended, which is pretty darn efficient in my book, considering that the normal exchange rate on Touch of Health is 2 HP per PP spent.

Although touch attacks aren't that hard to make, Weapon Focus still definitely contributes (every +1 counts, after all), and we get Precise Shot online as soon as possible (thanks to the Mind's Eye ACF that lets Soulknives swap Psychic Strike for a bonus feat—you can pick “any feat that your mind blade can benefit from,” and since we have Throw Mind Blade, that includes Precise Shot) to avoid that nasty –4 penalty for shooting into melee. Use your judgment for deciding when Rapid Blast is going to be more efficient than making a single blast—it's nice to have two chances to hit (or the chance to hit two targets), but sometimes it's better to offer only a single saving throw instead of two. Still, it's very nice to have the option, and we'll probably use it more often than not (it's better to have an increased chance of doing partial damage than to always swing for the fences with no consolation prize if you miss). Harror doesn't usually choose to fight within 30' if she can help it (with a 400' range on spellfire, who would?), but if it's unavoidable, remember that the damage bonus from Point Blank Shot would apply on both hits of a Rapid Blast—a small bonus, perhaps, but every bit of damage adds up.

Master of Poisons comes online at this level, which makes our backup poison use more efficient and safe. The fact that we get 6 spellfire levels per PP (for up to 132 or 138 spellfire levels per day, in the extreme case that we spend 100% of our PP on it) means that we're less likely to fall back on Crossbow Mode than we used to be, but you never know when an encounter is going to run long, so it's still always good to have the option to fire a bolt that forces a Fort save. Of course, as has been the case from level 1, there's nothing saying that Harror can't share her poisons with her teammates, especially now that she can apply it with zero chance of danger. It's always going to be a backup strategy rather than a primary strategy, but I believe that it's always important to have a Plan B.

Levels 12-13 [Sweet Spot]: Although Harror has a much better ability than the average spellfire user to charge up solely through her intrinsic resources, level 12 is where everything really comes together. Per the errata to Magic of Faerun, Drain Permanent Item can be used on any permanent item, not simply ones that mimic spells, and you gain spellfire levels equal to half the item's caster level. Thanks to the Magic Mantle allowing us to “always treat magic and psionics as identical” (“always” means “always,” and “identical” means “identical”), we can drain psionic items as well . . . which includes a Mind Blade. Our Mind Blade is a +1 weapon at this point. We can now simply create a Mind Blade, drain it for 2 spellfire levels, drop it to make it disappear, create a new one (which hasn't been drained, so it's still +1), and repeat. We now no longer require the expenditure of any PP or other daily or external resources to charge up spellfire levels. What's more, since we're gaining spellfire levels in packets of 2 rather than in packets of 1, we can charge up to twice our CON score at once: we lose 1 spellfire level for touching the Mind Blade (it is a magic item, after all), but we gain 2, so we still come out ahead until we make it up to above twice our CON (which is at least 19 by this point, thanks to level-up bonuses; magic items could make it even higher, but the bare minimum is 19).

We can now heal the entire party (even the Necropolitans!) up to max HP between every encounter, and unlike most other sources of infinite healing, we can spike-heal during combat if the situation is dire. (Sure, it's not ideal to blow all your spellfire at once, but it's still pretty darn effective to heal 19d4+19 as a standard action if there's a real emergency, especially with zero cost to our daily resources.) We can throw around damaging spellfire blasts with abandon—we have to marshal them to last the length of the encounter, but we no longer have to worry about making them last the length of the day. Plus, since we're charging up to twice our CON before each combat, we've got twice as much spellfire to play with on an encounter basis compared to our earlier levels. Having a minimum of two full-power blasts will still go a long way each encounter, though of course we have the option to use partial-strength blasts to last longer. 19d6 isn't likely to kill anyone outright at level 12, but it's still a pretty noticeable pile of dice to plonk down on the table, especially when it's available at least twice per encounter, every encounter.

At level 13, Flight comes online, which is hugely useful—Earth Walk gave us some mobility earlier (even if we didn't rely on it as a primary strategy), and the 400' range on spellfire blasts meant that we didn't have much trouble dealing with flying foes, but now we ARE the flying foe. The game pretty much expects you to have flight by mid-levels, and since spellfire is effectively free for us, we basically have it at will. (Since 1 spellfire level nets you a minute of flight, and it takes us only a round to swallow a fresh Mind Blade, we can easily keep flying forever out of combat.) By this level, there won't be a ton of enemies who can't hit a flying target, but we still have a big advantage over ground-bound foes, and we have parity with flying foes.

By this point, we have Increased Storage 4. It's not easy for us to charge up to that level with our innate resources alone, but since we can basically get up to twice our CON for free, we have less ground to cover if we want to charge up to four times our CON by means of external resources (like friendly spellcasters or sacrificial items other than Mind Blades). While we do not want to assume that we have access to casters willing to blow huge numbers of spell levels at us or piles of items that are better off drained than active, it is worth noting that we have the option if the circumstances warrant, and the fact that we can get halfway there on our own gives us a leg up over other Spellfire Channelers.

It's unclear if Ability Focus (Spellfire) would apply to both normal spellfire blasts and to Maelstrom of Fire; I believe it probably would, but just in case it doesn't, applying it to normal spellfire blasts will likely be more useful than applying it to Maelstrom of Fire, especially since it'll be a good few levels before we get Maelstrom of Fire.

Levels 14-17: Harror finishes the Secret Ingredient with a few levels to spare. Deflect Arrows combines very nicely with Flight to make Harror very hard to kill from the ground—other Spellfire Channelers would have to expend daily or external resources to use it, after all, while Harror has no such issue. Rapid Blast 3 is useful for the same reason Rapid Blast 2 is useful; it can be more efficient to have two chances to hit for partial damage than one chance to hit for full damage, and three is better than two.

Crown of Fire is a difficult ability to use, since 10 spellfire levels per round is pretty expensive, but that just makes Harror even happier that her spellfire is effectively an encounter resource instead of a daily resource. DR 10/+1 (which I believe translates to DR 10/magic) isn't worth mentioning at ECL 16, but SR 32 is actually pretty noticeable (an at-level caster with no CL boosts has to roll a 16 to break it, which is actually not bad odds for Harror). The clause about destroying nonmagical weapons isn't going to do much against foes who use manufactured weapons (who doesn't have magical weapons by level 16?), but it's very effective against enemies who fight with natural weapons. Overall, it's not something Harror will use as a primary strategy, but when the situation arises for her to use it, she's going to have a better ability to use it than the next Spellfire Channeler, just because she knows that she's always starting with a baseline of 40 stored spellfire levels by this level, effectively for free.

Maelstrom of Fire is another ability that's a little bit difficult to use, but it's still a nice tool to have in your box. Harror prefers to snipe from range, but there are times when you need to wrap yourself in a big spread of 20d6. The downside to Maelstrom of Fire is that it hurts Harror's allies as much as it hurts her enemies, and it also requires you to be a lot closer to the action than you usually want to be, so it's not something you want to use as a primary strategy. Still, the fact that Harror has infinite healing out of battle for her and her friends means that it's easier for Harror to use it than for the average Spellfire Channeler to do so. If Harror hasn't been lucky enough to encounter a CHA-boosting item on her travels, the save DC is a little bit lower than the save DC for spellfire blasts, but the fact that it's a straight save with no associated touch attack makes up for that.

Empower Supernatural Ability is a fun feat. It only works once per day, so we want to use it on the biggest boom we can, but it's quite effective at what it does. We can empower a spellfire blast, a Maelstrom of Fire, or even a desperate spellfire spike-heal (though it'll be rare for the healing to be the best choice). The raw damage from spellfire is starting to be a little bit past its prime by this point, but at least once per day, this helps make up the gap.

Levels 18-20: After finishing the Secret Ingredient, Harror returns to her roots as an Ardent. Thanks to the unusual way that Ardents pick powers (they can select powers of any level they have the ML to manifest, which means that Practiced Manifester makes up some of the gap for the levels we lost to the SI), Harror has access to 4th and 5th level powers. Psionic Fabricate is an absurd out-of-combat utility power for someone with a little creativity, and Harror has nearly maxed ranks in Craft: Carpentry, which can open up a door or two (perhaps literally, if you use a troublesome door as the base material to be Fabricated into something else). Psionic Major Creation is another out-of-combat power, but it definitely opens up a few possibilities for a creative player, especially with Fabricate backing it up.

Anticipatory Strike is an absolute gem of a power, and that goes double for Harror. The ability to say “no, it's my turn now” is useful for anyone, but Harror can see an opponent casting a spell (she has nearly maxed Spellcraft, so she's good at this), invoke her turn, ready an action to absorb the spell as spellfire, and harmlessly absorb the enemy's big guns. (Remember that initiative is an abstraction; there's no reason to believe that the enemy in question would know that their turn got interrupted, especially since readying to absorb spellfire doesn't necessarily have any visual effects.) It costs enough PP that you can't use it round after round, but since we don't need PP to charge up spellfire, it's not going to hurt to use it when it really counts. If appropriate, we can also use it to turn on Crown of Fire in a hurry. The Time Mantle's granted ability isn't useless, either: +2 to initiative never hurts, and the 1/day ability to delay damage can give Harror enough time to heal herself before soaking a nastier hit than she could normally take. (It's unlikely that you can use this ability to ready an action to absorb spells after they hit you—it does specify that you can't become resistant or immune to the damage in the intervening round—but it wouldn't hurt to ask your GM about it, just in case.)

Craft Dorje just gives us another method of charging up spellfire levels. Although they represent a minor expenditure of XP and gold (30 XP for a level 1 dorje), they aren't expensive at all by 18th level, and it can be nice to have batteries to use to charge spellfire above what we normally do. We aren't expecting to eat a dorje every encounter or even every day, but it's good to have the option of doing so when the need arises. Since Drain Charged Item only gives 1 spellfire level per charge drained, no matter what kind of charged item you're draining, there's not much point in making a dorje that's more expensive than level 1.

Wishlist and Alternatives:
Spoiler
Show
With the Chair's ruling that magic items already on your person/in your grasp don't drain spellfire levels from you, Harror can make use of basic magic items just like everyone else. Naturally, a CON-boosting item is going to be incredibly valuable; more CON means more spellfire, so like every other Spellfire Channeler out there, Harror would love to have something to keep her CON as high as it can be, whether that's a basic enhancement bonus, an expensive Tome, or anything else. Basic defensive items (like magic armor and a Cloak of Resistance) never go amiss; if possible, it's a good idea to use mithril to get Harror's armor rating down to medium armor, so that she can use Endurance to sleep in it while still getting heavy armor AC bonuses. While Harror does a pretty good job of charging up her spellfire on her own, it never hurts to have a couple spare items to drain; items with a very high CL for their price, like Sovereign Glue (CL 20 for 2,400 gp) (assuming Sovereign Glue counts as permanent rather than charged—ask your GM), the Bag of Endless Caltrops (CL 9 for 800 go), the Censer of the Last Breath (CL 15 for 2,500 gp), or the Cornucopia of the Needful (CL 20 for 6,000 gp) are the best choice, but anything works. It is worth mentioning that Harror does have two maxed or nearly-maxed Craft skills, so with a bit of downtime, it shouldn't be too hard for her to earn the pocket change necessary to buy wands of 0th level spells to drain. (Psionic Minor Creation doesn't create permanent materials, but we're talking about using Craft normally, unless of course you encounter someone who is willing to pay you for a poison to use right away.) Fabricate makes this incredibly fast, but we don't have to wait for Fabricate to come online before we get some use out of Craft.

If Flaws are allowed, Harror benefits from putting Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot earlier (moving her other feats earlier as appropriate). She makes ranged touch attacks as her bread and butter, after all, so the sooner we can eliminate the penalties associated with firing into melee, the better.

The Magic Mantle does give Use Magic Device as a class skill. It is ambiguous whether it only grants it as a class skill to the class that gave us access to the mantle, or if it grants it as a class skill for good. If the latter, points could be swapped out of Craft: Carpentry and into UMD, if desired; Harror has enough tricks that she doesn't really need UMD (and touching magic items interferes with spellfire anyway), and it's nice to have another Craft skill for when Fabricate hits the table, but the option is there.

The Mind's Eye article that gives the Soulknife bonus feats instead of Psychic Strike also has an ACF that gives Soulknives Hidden Talent instead of Wild Talent at 1st level. Not all GMs are fond of Hidden Talent, so we didn't include it in the main build; however, if it is an option, it is a strict upgrade over Wild Talent, so it wouldn't hurt to take it. Detect Psionics (which doubles as Detect Magic, thanks to the Magic Mantle) is a good choice for the bonus power, but there is also some benefit to be had out of Dimension Hop, Vigor, or Mindlink.

Source List:
Spoiler
Show
Ardent, Mantles, Practiced Manifester, Elemental Steward, Earth Walk, Anticipatory Strike: Complete Psionic
Soulknife, Wild Talent, Craft Dorje, Metaphysical Weapon, Psionic Minor Creation, Psionic Fabricate, Psionic Major Creation, Psicraft: Expanded Psionics Handbook/SRD
Soulknife Bonus Feat ACF: The Mind's Eye (http://archive.wizards.com/default.a.../psm/20070214a)
Ability Focus: Monster Manual/SRD
Spellfire Wielder, Spellfire Channeler: Magic of Faerun
Master of Poisons: Drow of the Underdark
Empower Supernatural Ability: Tome of Magic
Craft: Poisonmaking rules: Complete Adventurer
Human, all feats/skills not mentioned elsewhere: Player's Handbook/SRD

Image used ("Miss Behave, Belfast, May 2013 (10)" by Ardfern - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons): https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F..._2013_(10).JPG