1. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Llöthlor, Don't Ask Me How It's Pronounced (WIP Help)

Quote Originally Posted by LordotTrinkets View Post
    Basic rule sets would be a little difficult unless you know someone else who knows them, as you'll almost definitely have to study the language yourself. Perhaps you could side-step by playing fast and loose with the rules. Use google translate to convert entire phrases and when someone who knows the language brings up a snarky remark, tell them "Hey! This isn't 'X', this is Dwarven. Whatcho doin' comparing it to that anyway?"
    That's kinda what I do. The problem with non-latin alphabets is that translation softwares spit out something I can't read, let alone pronounce. And I at least need to be able to reliably latinize it to use it...

On a different note, here's an idea for a deity: Tesolk, god of secrets and privacy.

He is a deity that came from beyond Elythrian, but few people on Llöthlor actually know about him. Tesolk's major teachings are that privacy is paramount and the desire to keep something a secret must be respected. Worship of him is primarily among the security forces for royal families, who have complete and utter trust in their servant' ability to not divulge important information (not that they actively tell them these secrets, just that the religious vows are very effective fail-safes).

His image in artwork is almost always as a purple cloud with white speckles floating in it, usually sitting in front of a door made completely of bone. His actual appearance (and some say gender) is utterly unknown with the single exception of his mouth, which is sown shut.

Just spit-balling here, but maybe his deific foil is the embodiment of curiosity.
    That is absurdly cool, if I do say so. Make him ridiculously anti-divination.
    Last edited by BootStrapTommy; 2016-01-09 at 04:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Kill a PC's father? Well that's just the cost of doing business.
    Steal a PC's boots? Now it's personal.
    Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. Unless we're arguing about alignment. In which case, you're wrong.

Former EMPIRE2! Player: Imperator of the Nihoni Dominion
    Former EMPIRE3! Player: Suzerain of the Phœnīx Estates
    Former EMPIRE4! Player: Margrave of the Margraviate of Rhune
    My Awesome Campaign Setting