Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
Makes perfect sense, one of the reasons so many people are using google docs nowadays. I appreciate your sticking to forums, at least for the moment, as I find them much more usable and readable on my end.
I'm not a big fan of google doc links, they always make me not bother to look at the class. And since I got handed 7 subforums to play with, I figured I might as well keep taking advantage of that.

Comments are inside the spoilers.

Spoiler: PrCs
Show

I still don't see a target for that burst, is it centered on self or what now looks like the standard-ish 20'/HD? (And if centered on self, do you also take the damage?) That's a lot of fire damage, up to 6d6 per level at-will.
It's the standard range. Added into the ability description.

The DM doesn't have to just hand you a big animal though, you can go for a hunt as easily as you could any other downtime activity, or faster with the right magic items or allies to locate and teleport, at which point they have to find a reason to deny you. I'll have to beg to differ on game balance being automatically screwed: it's that attitude that usually causes the problem. Doesn't mean I don't like the ability mind you, that's friggen awesome, and the creatures are roughly equivalent in power to say Greater Planar Ally/Binding a Planetar or something. But like the Planar Animist, you can get multiple minions and pay effectively no cost, which is what pushes it over the edge even if you have to hunt a dino.
Nightwalkers are sentient, which makes it a little more difficult to hunt down an appropriate target - a player is looking more at outsiders or dragons in terms of monsters that are both sentient and consistently hit those HD requirements, and hunting those down is a little more difficult.

Paragraph three under Performing Rituals: "The creatures used for this cannot have been created, summoned or called, including being gained via any class feature, and they must be alive at the time of sacrifice." An undead you created via a ritual gained as a special class feature has two hits, and even if you use a spell it's still a creature you created.
This was meant to stop people from using summons/calling creatures in as free sacrifices. I'll leave the general rule as is, since I've added a specific exception in the Quietus class feature.

Spoiler: Chained Body/Target Entries
Show

Solid nerf, but I strongly, strongly disagree with the convention of "Target: one creature/HD" when only one creature is affected by each activation. Simply put, I can't think of any other ability in the game that uses a target line to refer to multiple creatures over time without doing so in the same sentence (Ex: Implosion, which says "Target: one corporeal creature/round.") I expect this would cause massive confusion in anyone trying to read the entries quickly, obviously I know I would have been if I hadn't read the old version without them. The standard for target entries in any 3.5 system is that if it says multiple targets, they're all hit at once. If someone jumped to Chained Body because they heard it was good, saw "target 1 creature/HD" and didn't read carefully enough to notice that there's no "s" at the end of "creature" in the first sentence, they'd think it worked on multiple creatures every time. Further down on say, Spirit Shackles, it only says Target: Two creatures as expected (even though it has multiple charges), as does Justice (which has only one charge). Skimming makes it look like there are a ton of mass debuffs, when in actuality there are lots of charged single-target debuffs. Apologies if this is already being /has been addressed or sounds harsh, but I think it's very important. The rest of the new description blocks is all familiar and works as expected except this.
It's been changed to be more in line with normal entries.

Spoiler: Responses to post-changelist entries from changelist spoiler
Show
Divine Presence: summoning changed from hours to days, most impact at lowest levels before hours last all day. Let's see: Lesser can get you a herd of bison or a flock of hippogriffs, that's actually pretty strong if only for overland travel. While I'm here, the middle can get you at best a scad of polar bears or Bralani, decent for wiping mooks but easily cooked by a caster, and greater is good for a pride of Leonals, which sadly at that level aren't all that crazy either (at-will Wall of Force always has uses though, and extra healing/fireballs never hurt anyone). Don't think there's any serious problems here then.
I tried to set as many rituals as possible back to 1 day/HD, because otherwise they were just spells with more use difficulties. And glad that there wasn't anything hiding in the lists. I glanced over them, but never did go check all the monsters added via splats.

Entwined Magic: is that maximum level restriction or total levels transferred? I expect the former but can see argument for the latter. I'd use, "The highest level of spells transferable."
Maximum level restriction. I'll update.

Healer's Warning: I didn't mind the remote casting, but you're right that usually isn't available that level.
I also removed it because making it work cleanly was going to be a bit of a mess.

Heavenly Gift: I'm more confused on this one now. Before it seemed like a small instant buff best used for immunity to poison before entering a lair. Now I can't tell if it's an aura or just a very long lasting AoE buff.
Cleaned it up. It's an emanation around the ritual-wielder that buffs all of this allies.

Justice: hmm, thinking on a book I re-read recently, I'd like a provision regarding false-surrender. If the benefactor surrenders he should forfeit his buff, but if the accused surrenders and then tries to attack after the buff's gone the buff should come back. Assuming aggressive player use, their ally is assumed to surrender truly (because they couldn't hack it even with the buff), and their enemy is assumed to be treacherous. Unless that's meant to be a valid way for a canny foe to negate your single-shot (though high-powered) ritual.
It's not. The ritual is mostly intended to trap the BBEG in a duel with the charging maniac or similar, so that minions can't come to the rescue. I'll add in the false surrender provisions.

Network: aha, it seems you'd already removed the penalties, well played.
On review, they were just too much for using the rituals. They would have needed to be better to deserve that kind of backlash.

Radiance: has flipped from anti-undead to not really, since the only status effects here that work on undead are blinding and ghost anchoring. Pretty good array of effects and still does something against undead, but I'd still take Judgement because it doesn't make you stand stock-still for a minimum of 7 rounds each time you use it, that's just asking for it.
Flipped stunned for dazed, which undead aren't immune to, and also grabbed the damage multiplier from Sunburst against undead. So zombies will have to be a bit more careful now.

Life's Wrappings/Shield of the Soul: I mentioned these before, but I'll add that they're reminding me of the Druid's Rejuvenation Cocoon spell, except instead of being a solid combo of not dying this turn/Healed in three turns/get your buffs ready, this is just lay there and hope your allies fend them off. So it remains best as a somewhat humiliating method of keeping NPCs alive when in hostile territory.
It was mostly intended as an out of combat healing tool, and to be used as a last ditch "save my buddy" when they're crippled or dying. Because of that, I might change them to immediates to trigger.

So made a fair number of changes, with the only area still outstanding being the Martyr base class itself. I'm also a little surprised at the love for the Martyr - everyone else who's tested/used the system (and I do mean everyone) has chosen to side with the Ritualist/Ritual Warrior instead as their option of choice.