1. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Templates (have we seriously not done this yet?)

All right, so, I was looking over the permapermissions thread, and I noticed that a certain evil overlord had given us his permapermission. So, I decided to try and see what I could do with him as a template, and this is the result. (This is my first time creating a template, so let's hope I do okay...)

Spoiler: Red Fel, Red Fel, Red Fel
    Show
    Red Fiend of the Fel Lands

What is the nature of evil?

This question has been asked for as long as anyone can remember. Why does it exist? What purpose does it serve? The answer seems to elude even the best of minds. But perhaps they are not willing to truly seek the answer.

There are those willing to do so, however. And for those, the path soon becomes clear. They find themselves drawn to the Sect of the Fel Lands, a secret organization that knows the secrets of Good and Evil, and pay service to the darkest of evils. In order to join this loose sect, they must undergo a ritual that transforms them into an agent of Evil. But by doing so, they gain forbidden knowledge that they can then use as they see fit.

Red Fiends look superficially the same as the race they once were, but they have been changed, touched by Evil down to their very core. Ocasionally, one will rise to infamy as a tyrannical ruler or a bloodthirsty killer. Most Red Fiends, however, are far more subtle, prefering to remain in the shadows away from the watchful eyes of paladins and clerics who would seek to destroy them. Despite their evil nature, they are often helpful, dispensing advice and wisdom to any who seek it. But no one knows what their true goals might be...

Red Fiend of the Fel Lands is an acquired template that can be added to any living, corpreal creature, with an Intelligence score of at least 3, hereafter referred to as the base creature. A Red Fiend uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities, except as noted here.

Size and Type: Type changes to Outsider, and it gains the Evil subtype, along with other appropriate alignment subtypes (Lawful or Chaotic), if any. If the base creature is native to the Material Plane, it also gains the Native subtype. Size is unchanged. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, Hit Dice, or saves.

Armor Class: A Red Fiend has a constant profane bonus to their AC, equal to their Charisma modifier. (Minimum +1)

Special Attacks: A Red Fiend retains all the base creature's special attacks, and gains the following:

Keen Insight (Ex): Once per encounter (or at will, if not in an encounter), a Red Fiend may take a full-round action to study a single opponent. At the end of this observation, they must attempt an Intelligence check, with a DC equal to the opponent's HD or CR, whichever is higher. If the Red Fiend succeeds on this check, they gain an insight bonus on attacks rolls, damage rolls, and skill checks on the opposing creature equal to the Red Fiend's Intelligence modifier for the duration of the encounter (or, if not in an encounter, a number of minutes equal to their Intelligence modifier). If they fail this check, their Keen Insight is expended, and they may not attempt to use it on the same creature for 24 hours.

In addition, if the Red Fiend succeeds on the check by 5 or more, they know about all special attacks and qualities the creature possesses, such as Damage Reduction, breath weapons, Spell Resistance, Smites, etc.

Spell-Like Abilities: A Red Fiend with an Intelligence or Charisma score of 8 or more knows the following spell-like abilities. Caster level is equal to the Red Fiend's HD, and save DCs are 11+the Red Fiend's Intelligence or Charisma modifier, whichever is higher, unless otherwise noted.

At will: Detect Alignment, Comprehend Languages

3/Day: Protection From Good

In addition, they gain spell-like abilities based on their HD:

HD 6 or more: Charm Person 3/Day, Nondetection 1/Day (DC 15+HD)

HD 11 or more: Blasphemy 1/Day, Unholy Aura 1/Day

Special Qualities: A Red Fiend retains all the base creature's special qualities, and gains the following:

• Darkvision 60 feet
    • Resistance to fire 10, cold 10, and electricity 5
    • Damage Reduction 5/Good (if 10 HD or less), 10/Good and Magic (if 11-20 HD), or 15/Good and Epic (if 21 HD or more)
    • A Red Fiend's attacks are treated as their alignment for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction
    • Spell Resistance equal to the Red Fiend's HD+5

Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Dex +2, Int +6, Wis +4, Cha +4

Skills: A Red Fiend has a +10 racial bonus on Diplomacy, and it is always considered a class skill for them. They also have a racial +6 bonus on any Knowledge skills that are class skills for them.

Enviroment: Same as the base creature

Organization: Same as the base creature

Challenge Rating: As the base creature +2 (if 10 or less HD), or +3 (if 11 or more HD)

Treasure: Same as base creature

Alignment: Change to Evil (any). Red Fiends tend to be Lawful, but Neutral or Chaotic Red Fiends are not unheard of.

Advancement: Same as the base creature

Level Adjustment: +3
    Last edited by Draconium; 2015-09-27 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Fixing some things I forgot before
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.