Dragonborn tweaks?! Oh a joyous day!

Empowered breath
Requirements: Dragonborn, breath weapon racial trait, Con 13
Your experience with the more violent and magical energies of the world have hardened your innate magical breath, increasing its potency.
Increase the damage die of your breath weapon from a d6 to a d8.
Your breath weapon doubles its range in all dimensions.
You may select a second damage type from your original breath weapon choice list. When you use your breath weapon, you may choose which breath weapon damage type you use.
The only thing I'm not sure of with this is that it makes dragon breath a magical ability. I don't have the book on me so I am not sure if they call it magical already, but I was under the impression it was non-magical. I used this to my advantage recently when faced with a cage that absorbed magic attacks. Ice breath FTW.

Senses of the dragon
Requirements: Dragonborn
Your draconic ancestry sharpens your senses, granting you an edge when it comes to finding and identifying those things hidden in the darker corners of the world.
You gain darkvision out to 60 feet.
You have advantage on Wisdom (perception) checks to spot hidden treasures and traps, and on Wisdom (perception) checks to listen to distant or hidden noises.
You have advantage on Wisdom and Intelligence checks made to identify the properties of items.
You are more acutely aware of the scents and tastes that deviate from the norm than a normal creature.
This...you should make a requirement beyond racial man. This feels really powerful. Maybe a wisdom requirement?

I think the recharge ability makes more sense. They are not directly descended from dragons (as far as I know) so they're breath attack would be weaker than someone who's parent is an actual dragon. It makes as much sense as everything else in fantasy.