Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
And I said above that such a trait on a character would be fun to play (although it would generally be the exception, rather than the norm). I would have no problem awarding you inspiration every time you had your bad smell get in the way of a social encounter, or informed me that your armor gave you disadvantage in a situation.

I would also expect the other PC's to make comments about your bad smell ('Leave the dwarf outside, he stinks!).
He never got any problems in social encounters as a result of those things because I mitigated them completely. Used magic to clean himself, his armour had the glamour enchantment so there was never a situation were it looked out of place and even when it wasn't glamoured his armour was considered a symbol, he could wear it to sleep because it was clothe armour that reshaped itself in accordance to the glamour enchantment. Do I still get inspiration? I mean, if I roleplay a character without being an idiot you shouldn't be Less rewarded than the person roleplaying to the same degree in a different direction.

By the way, what do you mean by: 1. didn't look forward to getting back into town since he had to deal with attacks?
When in civilization he had to deal with people attacking him because of his large political ties, his vast wealth, technical expertise causing people wanting to kidnap him and force him to make magic items for them, him being the leader of a faction, etc. Towns were not safe. For godsake last time that character went into town one of his cohorts was killed in a single attack by the best assassin the setting. Only reason he even goes into civilisation is for political meetings, PR, and business deals.