1. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5e Overhaul - Fixing ALL 3.5e's problems (P.E.A.C.H)

Quote Originally Posted by antymattar View Post
    I was wondering what your ideas are on alignment. I know a lot of people take issue with it, do you?
    I'm not a big fan of alignment-oriented mechanics, however . . .
    1. Since the dawn of D&D (BECMI at least), alignment has always played a part in the game's mechanics. In 3.Xe, alignment-oriented mechanics are so interwoven into the game that any attempt to purge them (spells/monsters/feats/gear/realms/adventures) would most probably require you to reinvent the game from the ground up. I tried several times to address the subject and found that the scope of work was just too great and comprehensive a task for me to complete.
    2. If you'd think of it, alignment-oriented mechanics don't really harm the game in any way and the majority of RP-ers actually like them.

Practicality dictates to leave that aspect of the game untouched. I learned about practicality the hard way - when I tried to add two ability scores that made a lot of sense to me (Agility & Perception), only to find out that it was too much for the majority of readers (who're so accustomed to 6 ability scores) to process.
    Making waves is not a healthy ingredient when dealing with homebrewing and houseruling.
    Last edited by nonsi; 2016-01-16 at 06:08 PM.