Quote Originally Posted by MrStabby View Post
I think that when discussion things from an optimisation standpoint this is a pretty good baseline. From level 8+ I would say that if you have nothing better to do with your bonus action on a turn than to make a single d8+stat attack you are doing something wrong. Compare this to other martial style uses like shoving prone or a cleave type attack from great weapon mastery (d12+str+10) and it doesn't look too good. You can compare it with magic initiate for hunters mark or hex - with two attacks that is 2d6 hard to resist damage per turn + the riders on top of that. Feats give loads of better ways to use a bonus action than a low damage attack with a small weapon; if fighters were MAD and so needed more ASIs than other classes or if they got fewer feats than other classes then I could maybe see more of a place for TWF but as it is is fine, just not good for a fighter.
You can still use Hunters Mark or Hex from Magic initiative just fine with TWF, in fact with the extra attack as a bonus action you often have an additional d6 of damage per turn. You only dont get it on the first turn that may require sheathing one weapon then redrawing it the next turn, when casting it, norally out of move attack range anyway, or the turns you mark a new target, just as you wouldn't with cleave. Yes, cleaving is better, no doubt, but we knew that, though vs High AC enemies TWF will deal comparable damage all day every day, it falls off against low AC enemies.

What uses are you expecting for Bonus actions for Fighters at various levels? I mean with a Rogue there is a huge action cost, fighter, less so.