UPDATE: MAY, 2017
Name: Zahn, Prince Zahn, PZ, Zanse, I've recently taken a liking to Zansy (best ask for permission first!).
Ways to Contact: PM is best. Discord - Ashenmoon #3008
Posting Frequency: I can usually commit to 1/day. I do have busy periods however, like everybody else.
Type of Campaign: 5th edition D&D, Pathfinder or 3.X edition D&D (in that order of preference) (preferably with severely limited splat book access ), I also own the Numenera core book and can play it. That being said, if a game sounds appealing enough I would take the strides to learn something new, provided I have enough time and some help to do so.
I like having a lot of role-playing in my games, as well as discovering new experiences and challenges. Humor is always fun if it's good-natured, and combat is exciting as long as it doesn't get in the way. I would play an adventure in a dungeon, but not a "Dungeon Crawl" As it is known as: I'd rather not go through it if every 5-foot step forward involves search checks and trap finding at the risk of rolling saving throws. . . That is not how exploring a dungeon should feel like if you ask me.
Types of Characters: I'm usually flexible and creative, but I prefer magical characters over purely martial ones, or touches of magic ON a martial character, etc.
Other Information: I play unoptimized, low-to-early-mid level characters as a rule - I doubt you will ever see my wizards/Druids/casters break your game. I love it when Crunch goes my way as I challenge the limits of what I can do with my fluffy ideas.
Um, what else...? I like magic, or at least, characters influenced by magic, especially arcane but divine is okay too! (I find the Pathfinder Oracle a fascinating class) Lately, I enjoy adding unusual "turns" to characters and surprising the other players. (Clauss (see above), for instance, started off his adventure after having been badly battered by thugs, had a black eye and spat out a tooth IC must've freaked everybody out! )
As far as dream character goes, I always wanted to play a
Spoiler: Dream Class
5e Warlock, In particular, with a DM who can RP my Otherworldly Patron. I find that I have a lot of fun thinking of things to do with the Warlock!
Spoiler: Turn ons
:In no particular order:
- creativity and flexibility (and room for them),
- cooperation (interparty and/or player-GM),
- arcane magic, as well as non-spell-based magic.
- good vibes at the "table",
- alternative magic mechanics,
- cool themes,
- fair+ big 16 and freebies,
- rule of cool,
- poetic tragedy (it HAS to be poetic or meaningful, otherwise what's the death good for?!),
- lots of RP is preferred,
- experimenting a lot with my characters.
- Fresh, inexperienced or novice game masters.
Spoiler: Turn offs
in no particular order:
- Psionics, only because I have trouble managing point pools. Too much freedom.
- untimely railroading, encounters that interrupt key roleplaying moments, or other such untimely scene transitions
- gaming that feels too "technical"
- unpleasant vibes the "table"
- , being alienated/ignored
- anything with the words "zombie" or "apocalypse/-tic" built into it
- penalizing magic with threats of insanity or other such consequences. I simply don't believe I'll enjoy playing a wizard if you threaten my sanity or my character's life for simple spells. In a game like Dark Sun I wound up playing a barbarian because ruling that magic is dangerous blows and I want nothing to do with it.
- optimization and -most- obscure game materials ("I'm sorry, what the heck's an "Incantatrix" again and why should I feel comfortable with you playing one in my vicinity?")
- most SF (sans Numenera) , or MLP (no offense intended to any bronies out there but in my purely personal opinion - it's not for me)
- psychedelic-levels of weird behavior
- image-transferred memes
- Arrogance and/or condescension (only in real people, it's more than acceptable in fiction, within reason)
- settings/campaigns that "hate" the heroes or are super dark and depressing (if you've been in one you'll no what I mean. Also No WARHAMMER for me thank you.)
BOTTOM LINE: I have a lot to offer: I'm a fun and creative player who believes in fair play and good sportsmanship. PM me with your awesome adventure thread and you won't regret having me!