Before I start this, I would just like to thank both of you for your feedback. It's been more than a year since I started making this class (bordering on two if you include time spent on the Sanguine Knight), and while it's been a long time spent refining and fixing the more broken parts of the class, it's getting close to completion! All of the feedback here helps refine and fix the last few parts that are off.

Also, I would like to apologize again. I was planning to get this done more than a week ago and then life happened. And I haven't had a day off for... a while. Since I didn't want to start and stop with my responses to you two and wanted to be able to devote my attention to answering both responses in depth, I felt it better to wait until I could do so... and so here we are! Now then, onto the posts!

Quote Originally Posted by EnderDwarf View Post
This class looks really cool, I see you put work in it, I'd say the features are correct looking at fluff and also often balance.

The only problem I see is that because of the many features, combined that none of them is really situational the class is fairly strong (but not OP).

You can make some features (non of them are broken so choose yourself) a little bit weaker, so you don't have all those nova and normal powers, or maybe take some features away.

Next to that, a REALLY nice class with cool fluff, if my DM allows it I'm sure I want to play this once (probably the Dwarf subclass, cool you added those special subclasses, but the extra hit points are making a hilldwarf clandude a little bit too tanky)!
Hmmm... Crimson Revelry I'm changing to be a bonus action used on your turn, but would you say that there are any other stand out abilities that are just a little too good?

And the racial subclasses are DEFINITELY on the block for re-balancing and getting fluff done, with the dwarven Clansworn likely losing the +1 hp/ level bit since that just makes it a little silly as far as HP goes.

Quote Originally Posted by dsollen View Post
I like the fluff and lore and concept of this class. However, I have to agree with the last poster, I feel it may be a little to strong. No one ability is necessarily OP, but all of them are quite useful and with the host of them it just seems a bit to much. And so I'm going to over analyze it to death, for the record I only nitpick on classes I actually like, so don't take this as criticism but complement :)
Thank you very much! I'll be breaking this down as I go along, seeing as this is just a huge post and there is a lot I want to touch on here.

Quote Originally Posted by dsollen View Post
I look at it and this class fills three 'roles'

1. Standard melee damage, competent at this, nothing too special unless you focus your subclass on it.
2. Utility, protecting allies and boosting their healing; pretty good at this.
3. Big survival boost to surviving for long lengths of times.

I think that 3 is the problem. It gets an extra 2d12 plus 4 constitution to boost it's health pool. It can heal whole 3 die of damage once a *short* rest, this one feels pretty strong and I may move to long rest. It gets a not-trivial amount of healing every time it damages someone, and if all that wasn't enough it gets a the boost from healing spells, quite powerful post-battle, and doesn't even die easily when reduced to 0 hp. It even gets some abilities to boost it's saving throws to avoid indirect death-by-magic. This class just won't die. Which is cool, it's not an issue thematically for a class to have. However, this survival and competence at melee (if sub-classed for it) would be almost enough to justify a full class in itself without the extra utility the class also gains.

*yes I know I listed a number of self-enhancements in this list, so a class could choose not to pick them, but imagine a class that went for survival sustain and this argument still applies, the fact that they get even more flexibility to specialize beyond that only makes the class more potentially powerful.
And we came to the first two typos to find! In body enhancements, the Large Pool enhancement should have been +1d12 HD, and the Exultant Slaughter enhancement should have been limited to a long rest basis (both of these typos have been fixed), which is a LOT less self-healing and survival.

However, there was quite a lot of thought that I put into the rest of the survival abilities. Almost every one of them requires the use of your action economy (crimson revelry, which as mentioned above now requires that you use your bonus action and that you damage a near by creature on your turn), and/ or draws rather heavily on a more limited resource (rapid recovery, which requires your reaction and a hit die). The immortal is really the only survival based subclass now (with blood lord losing the healing option of consume corpse, and the Sanguine Blade needing to reach level 20 before getting any healing from anything they do), and passive survival is incredibly late-game, or somewhat uncertain (reflexive core is great... if you have high dex and proficiency in dex saves. Otherwise, it won't be too big. Body and Mind is more so you can justify having a low Wis than anything. And othe are the only two other passive enhancements I could find that increase survival before level 18, so...)

I also tried to balance it out so that if one was building for survival, then they would lose out on a lot of damage or utility. Yes, ultimate tanking/ damage sponging is a great ability, but an immortal bloodsworn with only survival enhancements will be swinging twice (three times at most with feat support) and without feats dealing 2d6+5 damage/ round. Assuming, of course, they didn't also focus on defense so much that they skipped S+B and the defense fighting style in favor of the great weapons, high damage style. (Pure survival would probably look closer to 1d8+5 with an AC of 21) At level 20, that damage... just isn't all that impressive, especially compared to the sanguine blade, which by that point can get anywhere from 3-4 attacks/ round depending on hoe enemies move and how injured they are (which, of course, oddly encouraged the sanguine blade to damage soak until they get down to ~1/2 HP), and who is dealing and extra 1d10 damage on a hit. It also means that the pure survival class is losing out on a lot of the control and out of combat utility a bloodlord would be pumping out, which I do feel is worth mentioning at least a little bit.

(Sentinel won't be mentioned here, since I actually almost want to cut it completely, given I was originally thinking of making it into a fighter subclass originally)

So what I was trying to get at in a long winded way here is, yes. I was shooting for an almost-unkillable option for survival (with a few typos that made it better than it should have been), with some survival abilities available to all bloodsworn. However, taking it locks the character out of a lot of other really nice things, and makes it so that the bloodsworn is really just not all that good at straight-up combat. It's a balancing act with a high amount of variety (which I feel like Warlocks should have had with their invocations, but I digress), which is rather close to what I was hoping to get.

Quote Originally Posted by dsollen View Post
I realize the survival exists to support the utility, to make full use of the class utility your have to give up personal survival to heal others (though even without using blood pact reactions it still has a decent bit of utility). However, the problem is that you get a choice, you can use your survivability with blood pact to provide good utility, or you can use your survivability to be a strong melee class or tanking class, and at no point do you have to sacrifice one role to do the other. One fight he can tank, another he can give his party sustain, he can switch between the two roles at will and that's pretty flexible for a class that felt nearly complete without it's utility. Put another way, the survival works equally well in a one V one fight as it does in tanking as it does with utility, it's a utility class that didn't have to sacrifice much personal power to be a utility class.
As far as the tanking goes, the bloodsworn actually isn't the toughest thing out there (and that title goes to Barbarians, who all have massive amounts of combat superiority where the bloodsworn have utility and a bit less survival on top of that). However, yes, the on-off ability of their utility (blood bonds) is something built in... more because the class would simply die if they weren't able to turn it off or choose than anything else, and almost as importantly, it just wouldn't be fun if they were forced to take damage every time a blood bonded ally was hurt.

In a 1v1 fight, the bloodsworn sort of needs its survival to actually compete. Even the sanguine blade doesn't actually deal all that much damage (especially 1v1 when the enemy has already closed in to their melee reach, leaving the sanguine blade at 2-3 attacks, max, and only 2 attacks regardless if the blade wants to use crimson revelry), so keeping itself alive to outlast an enemy is all it can do. Almost all of the class's utility (which ~2/3 of the class is devoted to) is based on helping allies, leaving them surprisingly impotent in duels.

Quote Originally Posted by dsollen View Post
I can't put my finger on just how strong the class is, I don't think it's utterly broken or anything, but I suggest considering separating out some of the party utility and the not-dying a bit more. I know that sounds odd, since much of the utility is built around the not-dying traits a little more, so one has to choose which to focus on. I know this seems odd, since the survival exists only to support the utility, but I think party-sustain utility can be built into the class that does not substantially boost the classes one V one or tanking survival to better force a choice between personal survival and party utility sustain.

Assuming you agree with me at all and want to do something I could see two options. Either remove some of the core abilities, or just give the class weaker core versions, and move the power of those abilities more into the four existing 'sub-classes', or if deciding how to divvy abilities up between subclasses is too hard you could go with a separate sub-class choice at higher levels which chooses between utility and self-sustain and/or force knights to pick between one of two affects at a few levels to force them to make self-sustain or utility choices as they level. The affect is the same, move core abilities more into a choice between these two options.
Unfortunately, I really, really don't want to go about ripping out and reorganizing class features again, especially since it does feel like it's getting close to where it should be in its current form. As well, the subclasses I feel are unique in their roles at the moment, and changing their abilities to make them like the base class, just better doesn't sit right for me. So unfortunately, while I do appreciate the feedback, I don't think I'll be doing either of these suggestions.

Though before I move on, fun fact. The previous version of the class (the Sanguine Knight) had choices throughout all of the subclasses... and it just wasn't refined enough to work. If I tried to do something similar now, maybe it might work... but I really don't feel like it's necessary at this point. The class is customizable enough as-is with the enhancements, subclasses can afford to be cut and dry for now.

Quote Originally Posted by dsollen View Post
The "blood is thicker then water" or whatever you call it utility focus obviously could get more of the utility abilities linked with bonded allies. However, the big thing I could see for boosting utility and keeping with the fluff is to replace self sustain options like crimson revelry with party-sustain-through-bloodPact. As it is now once you get the ability to share your half competence bonus to heals affect with allies there is no reason to 'waste' a reaction on bloodpact, unless someone would die if you didn't use it or your at 100% max health and would waste the crimson revelry self heal, if your tanking damage in the frontline anyways your never need to use blood pact to take damage which feels odd for your core class ability.
While the +1/2 prof bonus enhancement to ally healing is nice, it really only helps when they are already being healed by someone else. In combat, that really limits them to just clerics and healing potions... which, while it is a nice little boost, isn't really going to save them all that much damage then and there. So blood pact use in combat is always going to be helpful, especially because things like mass healing spells are typically better bang-for-your-slot, but almost always out of combat or just smaller amounts, so you will want the damage to be as spread as it can be anyway to make your healer's job easier.

Just wanted to point this out before moving on to the next bit...

Quote Originally Posted by dsollen View Post
To address this I'm thinking the "utility" role may gain the ability to decrease damage dealt to the knight when he uses blood pact by an amount based off of your constitution modifier, such that every use of blood pact mitigates a small amount of the total damage dealt to the party (I like this option anyways, fluff wise and utility wise, so consider making it one of the self enhancement options at the least please!).
Okay, I like this one, and I'm probably going to add it into the list of options with other enhancements suggested here... this one likely at level 9.

Quote Originally Posted by dsollen View Post
1. After using a reaction to take damage for an ally a passive effect is left on the ally until your next turn This could be:
b. Provide the ally some small bonus to future attacks taken between your reaction and your turn. Maybe advantage on next attack the ally takes if before your turn, but not sure advantage feels right. I could see something like the ally gaining temporary hit point equal to your constitution modifier (give or take some extra amount depending on rather this is built into utility route or requires sacrificing an enhancement to get) which lasts until the ally turn or the next time you use a reaction to protect an ally, whichever comes first.
This is another one I like. Likely going to make it a level 5 enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by dsollen View Post
2. As a reaction give an ally advantage on next attack role against the, BUT you take disadvantage on next role against you, this is low power ability suitable to role right into a utility role designed for a non-tanking knight, it's situational since most knights will expect to usually get attacked and thus suffer their disadvantage. if this is an self-enhancing feat boost it by giving ally bonus on next two damage roles in exchange for your taking disadvantage? or perhaps you can give advantage to an ally in exchange for disadvantage on next defense role made before your next turn, such that smart planning can give advantage to ally at a time when it's unlikely that your get attacked before your next turn to suffer disadvantage, but limit number of uses of this ability
Hmmm... perhaps an enhancement that allows you to use your bonus action to grant a blood bonded ally advantage on their next attack roll? If I'm going to be honest I'm not all too enthusiastic about this particular idea, since I feel it's a bit too raw supporty, where the bloodsworn is supposed to focus on party survival and personal survival instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dsollen View Post
3. Allow any heal on yourself to be shared with an ally. This in fact could be done in a number of ways
A. any heal that increases your HP above 100% is shared with all other allies evenly, but the professioncy bonus increase to healing only happens once even if you have the ability to share this with bound allies.
B. Share exactly half of a heal with a blood pact ally of your choice, possible using reaction or X times per day to power this.
C. X times per day you can have your Crimson Revelry heal be given fully to an ally instead of yourself, if this is an enhancement possibly give some tiny boost to the heal shared this way, or alternatively replace it with a very small number per day to sacrifice your crimson heal a turn to give it to every other bound ally.
Fun fact number 2: I actually had a feat for the class that did something like this. When the sanguine knight (as it was known then) healed with crimson revelry, blood bonded allies would be healed by 1d6+the SK's con bonus, and it also gave an extra blood bond to use. Making that a body enhancement instead (at level 13) and making it just a flat healing of Con bonus would likely work, so I'll be adding that as an option (as a sort of "master of the blood bond" type of enhancement path, sort of like there's the "raw survival" and "increased offense" build paths in the body enhancements). Should add a bit to the full on support path... though I'll also need one more ability at level 18 to round it out completely. Hmmm... Any ideas there?

Quote Originally Posted by dsollen View Post
Finally, the Crimson Revelry and Natural Healing feats synergize in a way you may not have intended. Do you intend for both affects to activate to gain constitution modifier + 1/2 profession bonus each heal? I would specify explicitly rather or not they 'stack' in your description.
This was fully intended to stack, since it comes to a total of 10 HP/ round, at most, by level 18. Which... just isn't all that much damage at that level. However, it did get nerfed a little bit, given crimson revelry now requires you to damage a creature on your turn and a bonus action to activate, where before it was just free healing. Explicit permission has now been listed in Crimson Revelry.