View Single Post

Thread: Final Fantasy Infinite

1. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Infinite

I was actually going to bump this after I had combat done, but despite the sparseness of the thread it's been moving. I've been taking a hatchet to everything the past couple of months, and have the core mechanic done, with a fork stuck in it. Right now I'm working on combat, which should actually be done soon. After that, my to-do list is (in order):

• Adventuring/non-combat rules - basically, filling out the "Might", "Quickness", "Insight", "Presence", "Destiny" spoilers. Mostly done from previous iterations, I just have to adjust and format it in accordance with the new mechanics.
    • Basic jobs (Black Mage, Soldier, Thief, White Mage) and first Tier of advanced jobs (Archer, Fencer, Gambler, Green Mage, Monk, Red Mage). The magical ones are effectively done; the less-magical ones need adventuring rules to interact with.
    • Backgrounds, same as less-magical jobs.
    • The first Tier or two of equipment and spells.
    • Environmental rules, so we're not adventuring around on featureless plains.

At which point, I will have the minimum that I can comfortably call a functional game, spanning the first few levels (1-3 or 1-6), to be released in an Alpha PDF. Following that will be (in rough priority):

• Monster backgrounds and classes.
    • Higher-tier jobs, equipment, and spells.
    • Pre-built opposition.
    • Setting writeups and adventure hooks, for the main series games as well as notable spin-offs (Crystal Chronicles, Type-0, Bravely 'X').

So that's the plan.
    Last edited by Sasaisen; 2016-04-03 at 01:12 PM.