1. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zaydos Expands on Past Work - Playgrounder Caricatures Edition

War Chorister - Dragon Chorister Archetype (Eno Remnant)

"Only with iron will the song survive the fire." - Eno, survivor of the massacre of the Monastery of Tolshack.

Drawbacks: You lose Chord of Entanglement (3rd), Chord of Dragging (7th), Chord of Immobilization (12th), Chord of Time (14th), Chord of Stunning (17th), and Chord of Death (19th). Your skill points per level are reduced to 4 + Int.

Benefits:

At 1st level you gain proficiency in a single melee weapon of your choice, as well as a limited form of martial initiating.

At 1st, 3rd, 7th, 12th, 14th, 17th, and 19th level you select a single maneuver from each of Desert Wind, Flashing Lightning, or Crushing Avalanche. You can use 1 of these maneuvers (without choosing which before hand) each encounter at 1st level, increasing to 2 at 3rd, 3 at 7th, 4 at 12th, 5 at 14th, 6 at 17th, and 7 at 19th, you cannot however use the same maneuver twice in a single encounter this way. You cannot recover these maneuvers without spending a full minute to rest and relax, they are not readied and abilities that allow you to recover maneuvers (including adaptive style) do not allow you to regain them; if you can initiate maneuvers from a different source (such as Martial Study or Initiator levels) you may learn and ready an identical maneuver in that fashion, although these maneuvers are considered known for the purposes of prerequisites. When you initiate one of these maneuvers if you are singing a draconic hymn you may use your Charisma modifier in place of your Strength for attack and damage and any relevant ability score for the purposes of the initiated maneuver.

At 5th level, 10th level, 15th level, and 20th level you may select a single stance from one of these disciplines to learn.

Design Commentary: Probably a straight power boost (see my question #2 above to realize I apparently thought they had more chords and more uses of the ones they had) but it's also probably more fun and more interesting. Also elemental maneuvers fit dragons, though makes me feel I need to make a Dragon Discipline or an Acid one... well maybe in March.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-31 at 01:33 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)