View Single Post

Thread: Good Counterpart to the Succubus?

1. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Good Counterpart to the Succubus?

I can easily think of a Neutral counterpart to the succubus/incubus. No, no details, sorry.

I've read somewhere that lust isn't about sex, but about emotions. In that sense, succubi tempt mortals into pursuing their desired emotions at the expense of everyone and everything else.

For the Good side, maybe we could make emotion a two-way street. Good succubi could emphasize on giving and receiving, on how giving can be a gift to both you and your partner, that selflessness (not selfishness) is the way to fulfillment.

I've considering making the Good side have many people from different races, and anywhere along the LGBT spectrum... while the Evil side succubi are all voluptuous humanoid women. I'm not sure if this really works, if only because the Evil side limiting themselves like that seems fairly stupid. But then it seems to work well IRL...

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    There's actually a story in which some mortals banged some angels; The religion's all-powerful and all-knowing god (who is never wrong) was so angry that he basically nuked the mortals' entire city in response.
    Imagine those mortals are high-level wizard PCs. This would be an epic campaign, powerful wo/men firing rockets at one another over petty matters

Quote Originally Posted by raygun goth View Post
    You check out Apsaras from Hindu mythology [snip] rolling dice.
    Spoiler: What did we do?
    Show

I may have also tossed one of a pair of teleportation rings into the ocean, with interesting results.
    Last edited by goto124; 2016-02-29 at 10:19 PM.