1. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 1001 Things That Happened Walking Down the Street

As you walk down the street ...

(79) A joker looks over at a thief and says, "There must be someway out of here." The thief points down the street toward the town's gate.

(80) Outside, in the cold distance, you hear the growl of a wildcat. You see two riders approach the town gate, as the wind picks up from a breeze into a howling gale.

(81) You look up, and all along the watchtower, above the gate, you see the guards raise their crossbows and aim at something ... something out there beyond the walls.

(82) The joker looks at you and says "I need some relief from all of this confusion. How did I know that wildcats growled?"

(83) You tell him: "There are many who feel that life is but a joke. The hour is getting late. I am off to the tavern, to seek shelter from the storm." You pause. "What you hear blowing is the Idiot Wind. When it blows through a town, madness takes its toll."

(84) You take two steps toward the inn, but end up in yesterday afternoon. You look over at the thief, who grins and says "Let's do the time warp, again!"
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2016-03-28 at 10:44 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society