View Single Post

Thread: Illusory Light, Weather, and holes?

1. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Illusory Light, Weather, and holes?

You have some seriously interesting ideas here! I wouldn't mind trying my hand at 'brewing a few spells along these lines, if I can find the time.

Oh, and a while back Socratov wrote a spell called Ninja_Prawn's Brilliant Fusion that lets you cast two spells at once. That could be one way to approach the Invisibility plus Silent Image combo (though you'd have to modify the text to allow illusions).

Or it could be a metamagic ability.

Spoiler: Quick thought
    Show
    Segev's Deceptive Duplicate
    3rd-level illusion

Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 30 feet
    Components: V, S, M (a bit of fleece encased in gum arabic)
    Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes

Choose a medium or smaller object you can see within range. When you cast this spell, the object becomes invisible and an illusory duplicate appears in its place. The double is purely visual; it isn't accompanied by sound, smell, or other sensory effects.
    You can use your action to cause the double to move to any spot within range. As the double changes location, you can alter its appearance so that its movements appear natural for it. For example, if you create a double of a pile of bones, you can make it appear to rise as a skeleton and then move it, altering the image as it goes so that it appears to be walking.
    Physical interaction with the double reveals it to be an illusion, because things can pass through it. A creature that uses its action to examine the double can determine that it is an illusion with a successful Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC. If a creature discerns the illusion for what it is, the double becomes faint and translucent for it, but the original is not revealed.
    At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 6th level or higher, you may target a medium or smaller creature instead of an object. An unwilling creature may make a Wisdom saving throw to resist the effect. When cast on a creature, the double lasts for the duration, but the invisibility ends if the creature attacks or casts a spell.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2016-03-30 at 02:00 PM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig