Quote Originally Posted by Final Hyena View Post
A monk is set up to do most of what you want, if this isn't obvious by you literally copy and pasting the brawling feature from the monk class I don't know what is.
No, why is it sub-par was my question. That's the kind of feedback I'm actually looking for.

Yes but you wanted to encourage improvised weapons, this "class" doesn't encourage only enable improvised weapons.
Letting people add prof/stat to improvised weapons should be enough, I think. Unless a GM rules that a particularly large item does more than 1d4 it will be the same as if they use hands or feet (unless there's a reason they don't want to touch the target), but they also have recourse to simple weapons.

I was trying to get it with the feel of grabbing an odd weapon, but you damage it when you hit someone with it as it's not designed to be a weapon, but the complexity does go against the 5E philosophy. Perhaps a simple +2 damage with improvised weapons would be nicer.
I'd rather let them add prof/stat and make a bonus attack, similar to martial arts.