View Single Post

Thread: The LA-assignment thread

1. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The LA-assignment thread

Athach

Because obviously the game needed three-armed giants with poisonous saliva and penis-like toes (have fun unseeing that one) wearing one of the most ridiculous 'garments' ever. Current LA is +5.

They have fourteen RHD. Those are of the Aberration type; meaning you're stuck with fourteen horrible levels. What do you get in return? Mostly ability score improvements, huge size, and a bite attack. Oh, and you have three arms.

I find myself wondering what to use the extra arm for, though. Triple-wielding is bad for the same reasons dual-wielding is and using a shield without having to hold it in your hand is ridiculously easy. Even Fuse Arms won't work: it only affects creatures with an even number of limbs.

In the end, you're sacrificing fourteen levels of your build to gain a boring pile of strength, size, and weirdly placed limbs that will only barely reach +16 BAB. I'm having trouble seeing how that is worth it, and I'm definitely not going to add a LA to all that.

Final verdict: -0 LA.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-11-14 at 11:46 AM.
    Have you had enough of unreasonably high LA's and unplayable monsters in 3.5? Then check out the LA-assignment thread! Don't hesitate to give feedback!

Extended signature!