Hi, Playground.

I read the Roleplaying Games general forum, mostly and I read it a lot. I see the same question with different titles a lot. "I want to do this, but my [GM or Players] are that." Ultimately, the answer can be distilled down to "talk with your [DM or Players] and come up with a compromise." That got me thinking some more. I wanted something concise and catchy that would make an interesting discussion, so here you go. Please let me know what you think.

The Three Laws of RPGs

​1) Always seek to add to the fun of the cooperative narrative ​being told by the​ GM and other players.

2) Always strive to cooperate with the GM and other players, except when to do so would violate the first law.

3) Always actively pursue your character's or campaign's goals, except when to do so would violate the first two laws.

Spoiler: Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics for reference
Show
A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Thoughts? Useful? Useless?