Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
I found this comic not too long ago on the recommendation of a friend. I think the comic right now is a little stagnant. There's meant to be some measure of tension from the opening pages of the new chapter, but there's no building on it beyond the initial foreshadowing, which makes it feel a little limp in terms of threat.
I want to say it's a weakness of the web medium in general, that we're not seeing whole lengths for a week apart at a time which slows the progress down, but the author is re-treading a lot of ground with Jee-Hans constant underestimating the impact the Abyss has on people.
That said, it's nice to see something other than "Jee-Han grinds his abilities for 15 pages", though injecting a little more gamer humor like the Visual Novel conversation choices he did earlier would be nice, rather than just using them throw-away jokes.

Slow Chapter start is slow, but I'm willing to wait and see how it plays out.
Ya, the author hasn't really gotten a good grasp on how to write a weekly comic yet. Reading things back they seem to flow reasonably well on the whole, just when the chapters are placed a week apart it feels absolutely glacial; doubly so when he recaps stuff for other characters in the world. It makes sense since we get to see the other character's take on various situations, just sucks when it's all we see in a week(like this one, it's seeing Red-Haired person's reaction to someone new entering the abyss, which is good for her character development, just not worth the two weeks of downtime before something more substantial might happen).