View Single Post

Thread: Age of Sigmar: Points and Handbooks

1. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Age of Sigmar: Points and Handbooks

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    You have to bring a Leader anyway
    For a General? Sure. But an Engineer shouldn't be your General.
    If you're going to roll Legacy Dwarfs (because you're using Flame Cannons), Thorek Ironbrow (a.k.a. The Anvil of Doom) and Kraggi are going to be your default Leaders. Thorek has 8 Wounds, is a Dwarf Wizard, and throws out Mortal Wounds that hit on a 2+. He doesn't have a Command ability, but the Dwarf ones aren't even good, so it's not like you lose a whole lot.

If you don't have an Anvil, then I guess Grimm Burloksson is the next best Leader, since he'll give you 30" Thunderers.

so their cost isn't really that important and if he's hanging at the back with the cannons, he's not going to get mulched.
    Someone hasn't heard of Chameleon Skinks, or Gutter Runners, or Assassins, or any 'Infiltrating' unit with Ranged attacks. Heroes can't join units. Any ranged attacks directed their way, hits them. Even if they're apparently surrounded 3-deep on all sides by other models. Only an Arillery's crew get a Cover bonus from their piece, and Engineer is not crew.

Currently Dwarf Miners are illegal because they don't have points costs. But, Day 1 Errata is already confirmed on TGH. But, as long as they aren't like, 100 Points for 5, I'll be taking Miners.

Regardless, I'm going to maintain that hoarde armies suck until shown otherwise, so I'll try and stop raining on everyone's parade with my complaints.
    From what I'm looking at (the App), Clanrats have a 6+ Save and Bravery 4. Garbage. Same as Grots.
    But Ork Boyz aren't good. Termagants aren't good. The 'horde' part of a horde army is rarely what makes it effective. What makes a horde army effective is that main units are cheap as dirt, while the big stuff is generally supposed to be where the power is, and costs a bit extra. Which is fine, because the 'mandatory' units that suck that you have to take, are cheap.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2016-07-11 at 08:31 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome