View Single Post

Thread: Martial Artist[base class]

1. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Martial Artist[base class]

Ooh, I was thinking of something just like this...

How about these for tricks?

Forcefull Blow: If you take a -5 penalty to your next attack, you may attempt a forcefull blow. If it succeeds, your opponent moves back 5 ft. for every five damage the attack deals and is knocked prone.

Counterattack: You may take a penalty to all of your attack rolls during your turn. (Maximum penalty equal to your martial artist level.) For each -3 penalty you take, you may "Counterattack" your opponent's next X attacks. You roll an opposing attack roll against your opponent's, if you succeed, you attack your opponent rather then the other way around.

Sidestep: Every time an attack misses you by five or more, you may take a five-foot step as a swift action. If the attack was part of a charge or a bull-rush, you may switch squares with that opponent instead.

Improved Sidestep: When you sidestep an attack, the attacker becomes flat-footed, and you may make a single attack on him at a -5 penalty.

Tweak them as you see fit, but that's the general gist of them.

Also, as combat styles...

Rapid: You gain Dodge at 1st level, Mobility at 4th, and Spring attack at 9th
    Tactical: Combat Expertise at 1st, Improved Feint at 5th, and Improved Disarm at 7th. Bluff is class skill.

EDIT: Why is handle animal a class skill?
    Last edited by Crystall_Myr; 2007-03-03 at 12:21 AM.
    Eye of War Meta-Knight avatar by myself.
    PbP games I'm in.
    Spoiler
    Show