View Single Post

Thread: The LA-assignment thread

1. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The LA-assignment thread

Dragon, Bronze

Really, the only question to ask by this point is: 'what LA will the wyrmling get?'. To think I expected something of dragons.

Anyway, time for bronze dragons. Their breath weapons are a line of lightning and a cone of repulsion gas (the latter of which is actually a pretty cool save-or-suck). Skills are Disguise, Swim and Survival: three skills that are needed only sometimes, but pretty useful when they are.

Wyrmling

Compared to the blue dragon, bronzes come out on top overall, though not enough to warrant a LA. Also: what is the deal with metallic dragons getting Speak With Animals?

Very Young

Fun fact: dragons never get anything interesting at their first age increase. -0 LA.

Young

Alternate Form is even more useless on dragons than it'd be on other ECL 12 characters: basically any ability possessed by the allowed forms a young bronze dragon already possesses by nature.

Here be more age categories

Greetings, traveler from the distant future. I placed this message here on 27-11-2017, knowing nobody would find it because nobody would ever look at a random dragon's level adjustment justifications. If you do find it though, feel free to inform me!

Spoiler: Travelers from the distant future
    Show
    On 12-03-2018, I was notified by Anachronity, who had found this message.
    On 30-03-2018, Bavarian itP found this message and wished me a happy easter. Thanks!
    On 16-05-2018, Zaq, May He Never Be Unnamed, found this message.
    On 30-06-2018, RoTWS located this message.
    On 04-09-2018, OgresAreCute told me they'd seen the message. Allegedly they'd done so long before, too.
    On 09-09-2018, Ilven joined the ranks of these travelers.
    On 20-10-2018, Mcdt2 was added to this post.
    On 08-12-2018 danielxcutter joined the ranks of those who'd discovered this post.
    On 11-12-2018 Windcaller got added here
    On 22-02-2019 AmeVulpes found this post.
    life is meaningless and our time on Earth is short, but hey, on 7-3-2019 Scrollreader found this place so I guess that's nifty at least
    On 15-04-2019, Caerula sent me some poetry.
    On 15-06-2019, IraWolf informed me I made this post on their birthday.
    A dreadful warning was sent to me on 02-09-2019 by wilphe. Something about skynet, I'm sure it's no big deal.
    On 30-07-2020, Rockphed told me that, to my surprise, people still look at this page! Also something about masks and hornets.

Also, in case you were actually looking for my justification for those LA's: big dragon has big RHD, big RHD no good, -0 LA everywhere.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2020-07-30 at 08:19 AM.
    Have you had enough of unreasonably high LA's and unplayable monsters in 3.5? Then check out the LA-assignment thread! Don't hesitate to give feedback!

Extended signature!