View Single Post

Thread: The LA-assignment thread

1. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The LA-assignment thread

Dragon, Copper

Breath weapons are a line of acid and a cone of Slowing gas. It's not bad, but when most other metallic dragons have save-or-lose breath weapons it's a bit underwhelming. Skills are Bluff (Still useful), Hide (Why no Move Silently? At least the wyrmling is tiny), and Jump (Why. Did. People. Think. Dragons. Needed. This).

Wyrmling

A small bonus to all stats except strength and dexterity, Tiny size, a crappy breath weapon, a slightly less crappy breath weapon, immunity to a relatively uncommon damage type, and (wait for it...) Spider Climb. Not actual Spider Climb, because that's obviously far too strong on a flying ECL 5 creature, but a version that only works on stony surfaces. The -0 LA is strong in this one.

Very Young

Tiny ---> Small size. +2 strength. 2d4 extra damage on the acid breath weapon (you know, the one you won't use). +2 effective AC. I'm not sure I'd take this if a single dragon HD came with it: let alone three. -0 LA.

Young

No medium size until the second half of one's adventuring career? Check.
    A breath weapon outdamaged by Fiery Burst? Check.
    Horribly late sorcerer casting? Check.
    -0 LA? Check.

And so on...

THERE ARE NO AGE CATEGORIES BEYOND THIS POINT, GOOD CITIZEN. PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR BROWSING.
    Two more... I can do this... I can do this...
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-11-14 at 01:50 PM.
    Have you had enough of unreasonably high LA's and unplayable monsters in 3.5? Then check out the LA-assignment thread! Don't hesitate to give feedback!

Extended signature!