View Single Post

Thread: The LA-assignment thread

1. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The LA-assignment thread

Dragon, Silver

Yea, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of suboptimal dragons, I fear no underpoweredness, for I am almost friggin' done!

Silver dragons. Breath Weapon #1: Cone of Cold (don't bother). Breath Weapon #2: Paralyzing gas (very nice). Skills: Bluff (good), Disguise (okay) and Jump ().

Wyrmling

Compared to the Very Young Brass, these guys have two slightly better breath weapons, +4 to all mental stats, Alternate Form, worse speeds, better armor, a slightly worse subtype, and an additional immunity because why the hell not? Also, they can walk on clouds instead of chatting with critters. Let's throw them a bone and say the skills are about average.

Do silver wyrmlings need a LA? Being stronger than an equally-RHD'ed monster isn't necessarily a reason, as the imp and quasit show. I'm somewhat torn between +0 and +1, so just to be on the safe side (and because I want a change of pace), I'll put them at +1.

Very Young

Remember the bone I threw you? Give it back. -0 LA.

Young

I could analyze the ability boosts, armor bonuses, and caster level (note the singular) this age category nets you, or I could be happy for finally escaping dragon purgatory. Guess which option I'm picking? -0 LA.

25+

All the spell-likes older silver dragons get suck: don't play one. The end. FINALLY! FINALLY!
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-11-14 at 01:51 PM.
    Have you had enough of unreasonably high LA's and unplayable monsters in 3.5? Then check out the LA-assignment thread! Don't hesitate to give feedback!

Extended signature!