The main issue I see with the riddles, based on the information you have given in the posts above, is that they don't point to one true answer - them seem pretty open-ended, so there could be multiple things that could be right. (Difficult to say much about the trade puzzle without the full info. given to the players though).

Looking at treasure chests room - I would ask a few questions:

First, how do the players know that this room is a puzzle they have to solve to get to the weapons, rather than just a strange warning or something? There is not much in the description that would make me jump to this conclusion. I'd advise telegraphing this or your group could simply ignore the room & go hunting for secret doors or something.

Second, if the guy who created the puzzle sent them here to get the weapons, why didn't he tell them how to solve it? Have an answer for that, and prepare your group with it. He could warn them that he has forgotten some of the defences, or could say they will need to prove themselves worthy by solving it.

This at least sets them up to expect a puzzle, and hopefully recognise it when they see it.

About the puzzle itself - none of the information you've provided in the puzzle leads to the solution, so it comes down trying pretty random things - and there are a lot of options. The first thing I would probably think is that when I do the right thing, something will appear in the empty chest - perhaps the weapons, or a key to the next room, or a map or something. Putting something in the chest is another option, but I would probably think that we needed to put something specific in it, with a clue in the writing. At some point I might think 'Is Leave supposed to mean leaf?' and search through the treasure for something leaf-shaped or tree-like to put in the other chest.

Then, there is leaving the room & coming back in. I don't see moving the treasure from one chest to another as the opposite of taking it all - that would be leaving the treasure where it is to me. So I,m not sure I'd pick up on doing the opposite of the rest of the fake instructions.

Basically, while I think your solutions make reasonable sense on the whole, there are a lot of other options that make equal sense to me, and on occasion your logic seems to break down a bit, leading to 'try lots of things and hope something works'. This can take a long time and lots of trial and error that can get frustrating.

If your group really doesn't like puzzles, and you are happy to look for a new group, then why not? Make it clear that you intend to make this sort of puzzle a big part of the game before you, and you can get a group that enjoys this sort of thing as much as you do, and you'll all be happier for it. Not everyone likes puzzles, so weed them as doesn't before you start...